Repaired A Broken Heart

7:30 AM
Larry POV
It's been going through my mind all night on why I couldn't marry Lau. I really want to cry and break down. I love him so much, and he doesn't want to marry me. I guess he just wants to stay best friends. I don't know why, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. He's in the kitchen, so I walk downstairs, and smell noodles.
Lau: Heyyy, good morning. I made you some of the Korean Noodles.
Larry: Uh, thanks. Now about last night, tell me why I can't marry you.
He ties his hair in a bun, and sighs loudly.
Lau: Because that will make you...gay.
Larry: What's gay?
Lau: When you like your own gender...
Larry: Ok, I'll be gay. I love you Laurent.
Lau: You don't understand, I love you more than I should, I'm the gay one.
Larry: So you want to be in a relationship? Like boyfriend/girlfriend?
Lau: *Sigh* Y-yes..
Larry: That will make us gay?
Lau: Yes.
Larry: Well I'll try it. I just want to marry you. I have feelings for you, I really love you.
Lau: I-I'm sorry, I can't do this.
He grabs his keys and runs out the house. I fall on the couch and start to cry. He doesn't want to marry me, and doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. Does he not love me back? He broke my heart, and just left me here. This happened before, but I didn't understand back then.

Flashback
Larry's Birthday (10 Years Old)
Larry: Thanks, Lau.
Lau: Why didn't you invite more people?
Larry: I just wanted it to be us. I love you Lau!
Lau: I love you too, and happy birthday bestfriend. Make a wish.
I blew out my candles, and looked at Lau.
Larry: I hope my wish comes true.
Lau: What is it?
Larry: It was that we get married!
He had a blank look on his face, and patted my back.
Lau: It can't.
Larry's Mom: Yeah, and it won't.
Larry: It will Mama, he will say yes.
Larrys Mom: No he won't, now you two go to the room and play games. I have to clean the living room.
While Lau goes into my room, I run in the bathroom to cry. My best friend doesn't love me enough to marry me. I cry silently until I hear him on the other side of the door. I open it, and walk into my room.
Lau: You ready?
Larry: Yeah..
Flashback Over

Lau POV
I couldn't be in a relationship with Larry no matter how much I loved him. I think he was just messing with me about being together. I think once I told him about relationships and things, he got interested just for me to "marry" him. I drive around the neighborhood just to clear my mind. I enter the house, and I hear Larry crying.
Larry: He doesn't love me, I don't know why?!
I walk over to him, and put his head on my chest.
Lau: Larry, I do love you. I just got nervous. I have been loving you since middle school. I loved the way you smiled and I loved how your eyes shined...I just loved everything about you..
Larry: You love me?
Lau: Yes.
He shows his beautiful smile, and wipes away his tears.
Larry: So you are my boyfriend now?
Lau: If you want me to be.
Larry: Yes I do.
We hug each other, and grab the bowl full of noodles out the microwave. I haven't tried this kind before, but I'll try for Larry.
Larry: You know what's funny?
Lau: What?
Larry: You're always getting me noodles after midnight.
Lau: That's cause we fall asleep early, and then wake up and then your hungry.
Larry: Oh.
He busts out laughing, and grabs my hand.
Lau: I love you so much.
Larry: I love you too.
Lau: When I walked out, did I hurt you?
Larry: Yeah, and the first time too...
Lau: The first time?
Larry: Yeah, when we were at my tenth birthday party? My wish was to marry you, and you said you couldn't.
I sigh and began to laugh.
Lau: Ok since we are together now, I'll tell you something. First, it's friends. Then it's bestfriends. Then you talk and all of that. Then you gain feelings, blah blah blah, then relationship. Then after a few years into the relationship, marriage.
His face lit up, and he started bouncing on the couch.
Larry: So you're saying if we stay together for a long time, I can marry you?
Lau: Yes.
I grab the bowl from him, and start to slurp the soup at the bottom. I burp loud on accident, and see Larry laughing.
Larry: Can I try?
He asks with his cute puppy eyes.
Lau: No.
He looks at me, pouts, and rolls his eyes. I began to yawn, and Larry does to.
Lau: I'm going back to sleep, you want to go to sleep with me?
Larry: Yeah, I'm coming.
I kiss his cheek, and he smiles hard. We go back upstairs, and sleep for the rest of the day.

896 Words 💚