Chapter 9 - Angel's Revenge

Tara lay in her hospital bed in a coma as Willow stayed vigil by her lover's side. Angel waited in the closet of Tara's hospital room so he wouldn't be discovered, cursing Willow for coming in and delaying his revenge.

Angel had no choice but to wait for Willow to leave. He got an idea how to get Willow to leave Tara's hospital room.

"Xander, can you take Willow to dinner?" Angel said quietly so Willow wouldn't hear him.

"She's with Tara. I don't think she'll want to leave her?"

"Find a reason to get her to come along!" Angel told Xander, quietly losing his patience.

"Okay. I'm on it."

A few minutes later, Xander came into Tara's room and sat next to Willow.

"Hey, Willow, you need to eat. How about you join Anya and me for dinner?" Xander said.

"I can't." Willow said, trembling under her breath.

"Tara will be okay. Staff is looking in on her."

"You don't think she'll be mad if I leave?"

"You have to keep your strength...."

"Okay." Willow agreed, as Xander helped her out of Tara's room, to Angel's glee.

As soon as Xander and Willow were gone, Angel came out of the closet and pulled the I.V. from his pocket and quickly injected Tara's I.V. bag.

As Angel quickly left Tara's hospital room, Tara flatlined as hospital staff came into the room to administer to tend to Tara.