29. Wild Card ?

Começar do início

After me Manvi was evicted and this seemed to be last week's eviction episode. The bottom two comprised of Jeevika and Jatin, obviously because of Mouni's stupid marking scheme. Didn't she realise that she was degrading her own character by being mean to her talented brother. ?

Aayi aisi raat hai jo
Bahut khush naseeb hai chahe jise door se duniya
Wo mere kareeb hai
Kitna kuch kehna hai fir bhi hai dil me sawal kayi
Sapno me jo roz kaha hai wo firse kahu ya nahi....
Aankho me teri ajab si ajab si adayein hain

Jatin's voice was piercing everyone's heart while he sang the above song. The camera zoomed on Mouni's face which was absolutely expressionless and then it turned to Dev. With his face flashing in front of me I felt like holding onto him but then we had messed up ourselves. Still I didn't want the camera to leave his face. He looked happy and with the lyrics his face lit up. He looked lost into thoughts with a .... A slight blush? Yes there was a slight blush appearing on his face.

Was he thinking about me?

Who else could it be. I desperately wanted to pause my Tv and somehow get inside it, stand beside him and look inside his mind. I for once wanted to see myself through his eyes maybe to find a new version of me through his perspective. The camera focussed on Jatin again breaking my bubble and last night flashed before my eyes.

No. There was no point in thinking about 'us' right now.

I lost interest in the show. I want Dev to peel off the plastic covering his personality. He needs to accept his own flaws and strengths. He needs to trust me but I can't force him. He needs time I guess and waiting for him is a maddening experience.

"Aaj Jeevika aur Jatin me se kisi ek ka safar yahi khatam ho jaayega" Karan said and I looked up on the screen again to see the elimination process. The lights turned red and I remembered Manvi's comments about these lights during the auditions. ISS was such a journey of mixed emotions for me.

"Aur wo naam hai" Karan continued building the suspense "Jeevika" He announced her eviction.

Only Tanvi and Jatin of our group are in the show now and I would want anyone of them to win anyhow.

"Still there is nothing to worry" Jenny said. Her team was totally empty now both Khushi and Jeevika were eliminated. Dev had only Tanvi. Mouni had only Jatin while Mohit had both Rubina and Barun intact.

Jenny continued, " There is nothing to worry we have the wild card next week and you can come back with a bang."

"Wild card?" Ele shot up her brows. "Didn't you know about it"

I jerked my shoulders saying No.

"If this is the last week's episode then today they'll air the wild cards entry" Dada said.

"Nahi Dada I guess today is the live telecast of Toilet: Ek Prem Katha so no ISS today" Ele corrected him "But Sona they must have sent a mail or something ... Have you checked?"

I jerked my shoulders carelessly in a no again.

"To baithi kya hai jaa na!!" Dada and Ele pushed me to my room to check my phone.

I first checked my Whatsapp. No message from Dev, Insta no update then I checked my missed calls hoping that he would have called but there was just a missed call from some unknown number. I felt so dejected. Still I called back on that number

hey Sona!

Jenny?

Yes.

Remember how I sneaked into her practice zone and stood in awe of her piano and how we became friends. Jenny was the most down to Earth celeb in B-Town.