With that, a brick of realisation hit the girl.

He was one of them. When Jaebum's group came to capture her, this boy was silently watching everything from the back. He was one of the demons in Jaebum's gang.

 He was one of the demons in Jaebum's gang

Yoongi and Haesang exchanged glances. What were the risks of trusting him? Was there a risk at all? He was one of their ememies, therefore there wasn't a reason for him to help them, right?

On the other hand, there was something different in the way he spoke. A certain undertone that made his words seem so genuine. Was it worry?

"Yoongi Hyung..."

Yugyeom managed to draw their attention back towards himself. His voice came out so weary, so fragile.. as if he was begging for something.

"I know you don't like me," he began again, a heartwrecking expression of sadness plastered on his face. "but you have to trust me. Let me make up for my mistakes. Please!"

A few seconds passed in which none of them spoke a word. Haesang left the decision to Yoongi, since she knew he could be trusted. Meanwhile, Yugyeom looked at him pleadingly, expectantly. He seemed to certainly care about her, which reminded her of someone.

Jungkook gave Yoongi the same look when requesting for him to tell her the truth.

Yugyeom and Jungkook. Somehow, they seemed so similar.

"Alright." Yoongi cut the silence, not breaking eye contact with the boy in front of him. In contrast to Yugyeom, his gaze was stern and skeptical, as if he was trying to decipher the other's intentions deep down his brown orbs.

"Haesang. Let's go."

Grabbing her by the wrist, he quickly pulled her out of the hall, leaving Yugyeom behind. His steps were quick and his grip strong as they rushed through the corridors and out the Opera House.

"Yoongi!" she called out, stumbling behind while trying to keep pace with the male who was seemingly leading the way to the forest. "Run slower, and loosen your grip!"

He immediately stopped on his tracks, so to let go of her wrist and take her hand instead. "Sorry, but we have to be quick, okay?" he said and started running again, this time a bit slower. Using his free hand, he took out his phone from one of his jeans pockets, tapped the screen a few times and brought the device to his ear. It was Namjoon whom he called, suggesting for him to come to the lake, for he was the one in charge of guideing her back.

"That Yugyeom guy.. " Haesang spoke as they entered the forest minutes later. "He is one of the demons in Jaebum's group, isn't he? Why did he help us out? We should've thanked him."

"He was the one who was sent to spy on Haneul Hyung and tell Jaebum everything about his secret." Yoongi answered. "It was because of Yugyeom that your father got murdered."