First Sight

The Soft patter of rain on my umbrella was beginning to drive me nuts, but not as much as the wet squelching sound my sneakers made every time I took a step. I peered through the plastic umbrella up at the sky. I did this for no other reason than to look at it in wonder. The rainy sky has long since been a comfort; despite my wet feet, I knew I could never actually hate the rain. Simply because every time I saw the sky cry, I ceased the urge to do so myself. The rain made me feel calm, safe. The sky felt like blanket warm and heavy that made me long for a nap. And, that's what I'm going to do-- as soon a I get home. 

      "Mrr-Row?" Something brushed my legs as I fingered the key to unlock the door to my house- well, ok, not my house. My parents house or, more specifically, his house. My step father never cared much for me, but hey, at least he bothered to try. Not many people even tried to get to know me -- and if not so much as when, I let them. They usually didn't like what they discovered- not that I cared, but still, it hurt a little. The Cat stared at me patiently waiting, for what? I wasn't sure. 

"Go on little fella, I don't know what you're after, but you ain't gonna find it here." The cat simply cocked his head, as if to say "Oh, really...?" with an amused look. The fluffy little cutie looked to be a calico, a male one at that. A giant blob of orange covered his left eye and black dotted his nose, leaving it half pink. He was most definitely the most adorable cat I have ever seen, but my land owner wouldn't put up with his residents owning a "hair ball". 

I tried various shoo-ing techniques but, his butt was firmly planted. I sighed and opened the door, and as I'd predicted, he was through the door before I could even move. 

"Frick'n hairball." I muttered. Stepping through the doorway. 

"Mrrr-row?" 

"Yes, you. You shedding creature of the night." I addressed the cat, "My Landlord is going to be so pissed, especially if he he sees cat fur on my couch." The kitty sitting on my couch turned his head to give his back a nice solid lick, before turning his green gaze on me. It was heavy and intelligent, like it wasn't just a cat looking back at me. I dismissed that notion as soon as the thought came through my head. But perhaps I shouldn't have...

Hey guys, (and Gals) this is my first book on wattpad, I don't know if I'll finish it. 

But hey, who knows? :)