Chapter 1: Encounters

Erin

I scowled as I made my way to the exit door of the pub. I sighed in frustration as I felt the crowd slowly crush me. Why is it that this freaking pub has to be overfilled with people right now unlike the other times that I come here? I felt my lungs tightened as my heartbeat started to pound painfully. I clutched my chest as I struggled to run outside the pub, whipping the pungent smell of cigarettes with my hands. I need to get out of here. Fast.

As soon as I stepped out of the glass door, I stretched my body and placed my hands on either side of my waist. I breathe in the cold air as I ran my fingers through my long bouncy, wavy hair. Tumingin ako sa paligid ko. Ang dami rin palang tao sa labas ng pub na 'to. Mga teenager, mga mag-boyfriend, mga lasing na, mga magkakaibigan, at iba pa. Napatingin ako sa dalawang tao na mukhang magkasintahan pero mukha rin silang nag-aaway. Medyo malapit sila sa akin kaya hindi malabong hindi ko marinig ang usapan nila.

"Hindi ka nga marunong humalik! What more if I decided to sleep with you? Pambihira ka naman!" The girl in a tight off-shoulder scarlet dress shrieked before she rudely pointed her shaky finger directly to her boyfriend that is too aghast to speak. "I am breaking up with you! Don't you dare show me your face again! Ugh!" She exclaimed as she stomped her heeled foot on the ground. I literally sneered at what she said as I took time to see her features. Straight waist-length hair with bangs, chinky eyes, porcelain skin. And I think I'm an inch taller than her. She looked very furious like she was about to explode at any time. I glanced at my watch para hindi mapagkamalang sobrang chismosa ako. I inwardly chuckled.

"R-Railee, p-please! D-don't do this t-to me. I-I love y-you," The guy stuttered as he held the girl's arm with a desperate expression on his face. Lucky woman. Iilan na lang ang lalaking ganyan. I randomly thought as I continued to listen to them. She slapped her boyfriend's hand away from her as she glared at him.

"No! Ayoko na. Let's break up, Yuwan. I think I'm going mad with your ignorance!" The girl raised her tone once again before she turned her back at him.
"Sabi mo gagawin mo lahat para maging masaya ako? But no. You're not doing anything to make me happy. Yuwan, nasa tamang edad ka na. Nasa tamang edad na tayo para rito. You're not a naïve high school boy anymore, goddamnit!"

"N-no. Rai, p-please. G-give me another chance. Pl-please? I l-love you and y-yes, I'd do a-anything, a-anything to make you happy." I was slightly taken aback when he kneel in front of her with his both palms closed. Napaka-demanding naman. 'Di na nahiya 'tong babaeng 'to.

"Ayoko na, Yuwan. Nagsasawa na 'ko!" The girl amended furiously. "We've been in this relationship since when? How many years? Oh. Right. It's been 3 years, Yuwan. 3 fucking years and we haven't even kissed yet! Nakakahiya, ano ba! Get up! You're looking like a fool, I said get up! Up!" Gigil n'yang hinawakan ang magkabilang balikat ng lalaki at pinatayo ito mula sa pagkakaluhod.

Shaking my head, I let out a low snicker. Wow. What a show. Sex lang pala ang hanap ng babaeng 'to, bakit pinatagal pa ng 3 years? I mentally rolled my eyes. Mother of all fuckery, why do I care? Hindi ka rin tsismosa, Erin, 'no? I berated myself.

"B-but-" I heard the guy stuttered again before I turned my gaze to them. I saw the girl shook her head while rolling her eyes as she turned her back on his ex-boyfriend. She left him defeated as I saw him dropped his hand on his side and bowed his head.

Why do I feel like I've just committed a crime by eavesdropping from these two morons? Meh. I shrugged my shoulders as I decided to go back in the pub until I paused in my tracks for I heard a sob.