Chapter 4: Must be nice

Start from the beginning

"Wassup bro, What's the issue? I could have sworn I got about 5 months left and you're supposed to be handling everything. Didn't I say don't come to me unless it's a WAR bout to be started or somebody has been stealing MONEY so it better be one of those reasons." I say

"Somebody been stealing, Money, drugs, liquor from the clubs." T Says

"Man what the hell T. Group text everybody and tell them that there is a mandatory meeting . Friday night."

"Elijah No! Not yet I said." I hear Fantasia say sounding like she's coming down the stairs." And sure enough lil man runs down the stairs.

"Is it movie time yet?" Elijah asks me.

"Yeah lil man it is. My friend bout to leave and then we going start our movie night." I tell him sitting him on the couch. And getting up to let T out.

"Sorry about that. I tried to tell him to stay upstairs." Fantasia says.

"It's all good ma."

We started watching the movie. We are watching kid movies for now and once Elijah falls asleep or Fantasia makes him go to bed we're going to watch a few scary movies. Right now we are watching a childhood movie of Fantasia and I's Shark Tales but Elijah seems to like it.

"Mr. Jennings I'm getting tired is it okay if I go upstairs and go to sleep?" Elijah asks me.

"Yeah lil man you're good to go." I say getting up and turning the hallway light on so that he can see. Once he got upstairs I went and changed the movie. I'm just put Chucky in since we been watching movies from when we were growing up. Plus I know that she don't like scary movies and this movie not even scary.

"Oh hell no, Lyfe I'm not watching this movie. Nope I'm going to bed." She tells me

"Stop calling me that shit ma. And why not."

"My brother used to chase me around with a Chucky doll. He used to put it in my bed when I was sleeping. Hang it on the ceiling from strings. He even snuck and put it in my book bag one morning before school. When we got on the bus he told me that his folder wasn't in his book bag to look and see if mom put it in my book bag on accident and there the damn Chucky doll was. I started screaming so loud. I was embarrassed." She says making me laugh.

"It's not funny Lyfe stop laughing."

"Fantasia what I tell you bout calling me Lyfe?"

"My bad ChEsTeR but it's not funny."

"It is funny and I swear I heard that story from somebody before." I say pressing play on the remote.

"It's cold you got any extra blankets down here?" She asks me.

"Yeah hold on." I tell her getting up and walking to the hallway closet grabbing a blanket and a pillow. I place the pillow behind me and grab her arm for her to scoot down to the end of the couch that I'm on. I wrap my arms around her. Pretty soon we both just doze off. Not even 30 minutes into the movie. I woke up to Fantasia shaking my shoulder a little bit.

"What's up ma? What's wrong?" I ask

"Nothing, somebody's at the door." She tells me and I hear them start knocking again what the hell it's after 11 at night. I tell Tasia to go upstairs cause I don't know what the hell is going on and I need for her and little man to be safe if anything crazy happens. I open up the door and see T dumb ass.

"Nigga why the hell are you knocking at my door this late at night? Have you lost your damn mind. You must want to get shot. Have you not heard of a damn phone."

"That's what I came here for I got on the move and got side tracked for a few hours. So I forgot to send the text out to all the boys, once I thought about it I couldn't find my phone I think that I left it here."

"What ever nigga hurry up and look for that shit. Shit could have waited until the morning." I walk away and head to the stairs to tell Fantasia that she can come back down. I see her in the doorway of the room that Elijah's in watching him sleep.

"Come on ma let's head back down stairs that was my homeboy he probably be gone by time we get down there." I tell her putting my arms around her and leading her to the stairs.

"I'm go get me a glass of water." She tells me heading to the kitchen." I walk back in he kitchen and see that this nigga T is still here.

"Hurry up, find your phone and go nigga. I got company." I Tell him.

"So you going pick a bitch over your best friend?" He ask.

"Um excuse me? You don't know me so please don't disrespect me!" I hear Fantasia say walking out of the kitchen.

"Yeah whatever, I'm out of here Lyfe. I'll see you when I see you big homie." T says getting up and dapping me up.

"WHAT THE HELL." I hear Tasia say and a glass drop."

"ANTONIO??" She yells.