02 - A Sly Engagement

Tere Sang Yaara
Chapter Two

. . .

A Sly Engagement

Laskhya yawned as he walked down the stairs, dressed in a new pair of clothes. As he glanced at the curtain, his eyes widened. He had never expected the unknown situation to escalate this far. Today he had not only seen the white line but now a curtain too, showing the division.

"Looks like the matter is really serious." He whispers to himself and continues walking down, unaware that someone is climbing up the stairs to get inside the mansion.

The female figure managed to walk up from the entrance stairs and she glanced at her family straightaway, who were sat with Annapurna and Durga Prasad. She curled a small faint smile and continued walking, unaware that someone was coming down.

Lakshya, having his eyes on the curtains bumps into her, nudging her by accident. She lost her balance and Lakshya realises, instantly diverting his attention to her, who was about to fall down the stairs. Before she could touch the ground, he inches forward and wraps his arm around her waist, and she dilated her pupils in shock. Her back was facing him, therefore he couldn't see her face but as he pulls her towards him, she turns with a swift and clashes into his chest.

Her heartbeat increased and she slowly tilted her head, lifting her gazes to see him. A small breeze touch their skin, making the situation a magical filmy meet. He lowers his gaze to meet hers and the two lock their eyes with each other's eyes.

Annapurna and Durga Prasad look at the stairs while Shekhar, Sharmishta and Parvati turn around, staring at the two and look on to see the uncomfortable position they're standing in.

Shocked and awkward, Lakshya and her parted away, avoiding eye contact afterwards. "Sorry." He apologised and she nervously turned around, staring at her family, who were gawking at them in surprise. She felt embarrassed and uncomfortable, lowering her eyes.

Lakshya glanced at Durga Prasad, only to find him glaring, he could sense that Durga Prasad felt a little embarrassed and curved a smile. Not being able to tolerate his father's threatening dangerous glare, Lakshya shrugged his shoulders telling him that he 'doesn't care'.

She walked down the stairs and Lakshya followed. She could feel her heart rate increasing with anxiety, not having a good feeling. Lakshya overtook her and approached them with a carefree attitude, not knowing what was happening.

"Laado, take a seat over there." Parvati pointed at the seat after she approached them, she nodded and sat on the sofa next to her grandmother, Parvati.

'Laado?' He spoke in his mind and pressed his lips together, trying to control his laughter which was about to come out after hearing Ladoo.

"Lakshya, sit on that side." Lakshya's thoughts were interrupted as Durga Prasad pointed at the sofa Ragini was sat on. Finding it awkward both Ragini and Lakshya looked at each other in surprise, yet Lakshya listened to Durga Prasad and sat down next to her without hesitating.

Scanning his eyes around curiously and finding smiles on Shekhar, Sharmishta and Parvati's faces confused him, he had tried to remember if he knows them but the results were negative, he hadn't seen them before. He creases his forehead and glances at Annapurna, trying to understand the mood of this situation.

"This is Lakshya." Durga Prasad introduced with a proud smile over his lips, Lakshya made eye contact with Parvati, Shekhar and Sharmista and folded his hands to greet them, "he's my youngest son and your future son-in-law." Durga Prasad finished introducing Lakshya to Shekhar, Sharmishta and Parvati.

RagLak - Tere Sang Yaaraजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें