King | Drug Abuse & Unexpected Surprises

King Durrell Riemann

I looked at the perfect coke lines on the mirror that sat on the counter of the bathroom. I then rolled up a random twenty I had found in my wallet and got to sniffin'. I hadn't done this in a while, but without Krystal in my life I was goin' crazy and I hoped this coke would help me ease my pain.

"Fuck." I grunted after snortin' six lines as I began to feel lightheaded.

I could see my reflection in the mirror beneath the lines. My eyes were heavy and red and my hair was a complete mess. I was under the influence of cocaine, so I didn't care about anything at this point.

I felt like the room was spinning, but I somehow managed to clean up the rest of the coke. I couldn't let Corinna find this or she'd freak out. Just last year I almost suffered from a drug overdose on both heroine and cocaine. My body heated up and I was sweating like crazy. My nervous system was close to shuttin' down, but thankfully I made it.

My body started shakin'. I knew what was happenin'. I was havin' yet again another seizure. My palms began to sweat and I fell to the floor unable to get up. Corinna wasn't home since she was at the club tonight. I felt my eyes began to close. I couldn't control what my body was doing. I felt weak and my heart felt like it was skippin' beats. I was convinced I was gonna die right here, right now. There was no point in me living if I couldn't be with Krystal.

Krystal Kimberly Johnson

This whole month has been very stressful for me. Of course, I'd hadn't contacted King in a long while since I did discover some things this month and I still needed some time alone to process what I was doing with my life.

I watched Aidan stuff the grapes I'd gave him into his mouth at the kitchen table while I also catching up on some psychiatric case studies on my computer when I got a call on the phone I used strictly for work. Usually, my shift was over at six and the phone wouldn't ring until my shift that next morning. Despite it being ten at night I answered just in case it was an emergency.

"Hey Dr. Johnson it's Corinna. I'm sorry to bother you, but need you here soon at the Mellow Brooke Central Hospital. It's regarding King he's in a bad condition."

"I'll be there right away." I responded without a single question asked. I still cared about King despite the guilt I felt for the things we did. I was blaming myself for everything. I put myself into this situation.

I put a light jacket on Aiden and helped him lace up his shoes since I didn't want to bother Meghan last minute this late at night to babysit so he would have to go with me. Shortly after I threw something on before heading out. The streets were quiet. Maybe a little too quiet for a night in New York, but that gave me a moment to think things through.

"How could you do this Krystal. How could you let all of this happen..."

King Durrell Riemann

I woke up in a hospital room with an IV inserted into my right arm. Thank God I was alive. I knew this situation all too well considerin' this ain't the first time this happened. I glanced over at Corinna who was sittin' adjacent to the bed who also looked pissed as ever.

"I'm really starting to think you're trying to kill yourself. Finding you on the bathroom floor unconscious again was horrifying. I thought you were done with those hardcore drugs King?!" She exclaimed.

I exhaled in a sarcastic manner. I was used to her sayin' all of this.

"Do you hear me King?!" She asked in the middle of all her bitchin'. "What are the latest drugs you've done?"