King | Divorces & Celebrations Pt. 2

Krystal Kimberly Johnson

"Hey Mr. Riemann." I greeted as he stepped into my office. "How's everything?" I asked reaching over the desk to shake his hand.

"Don't act like nothing happened last night Krystal." He said as he sat in the chair in front of my desk.

"Listen King," I said matching his tone. "I still have to do my job for you."

"I haven't had any seizures or panic attacks lately." I told her. "I slept like a baby last night, and I'm sure that answers all the questions you were about to ask."

"Well that's great to hear."

Even though it was weird that all his problems would just vanish into thin air.

"But I want to know more about you."

"Didn't we go through this last session?"

"But after last night... I just wanna see what you're really about."

"Fine, ask me anything."

"How old are you?"

I tensed up a little bit.

"I'm thirty-six, King."

He nodded his head in a calm manner. It definitely wasn't the reaction I was expecting.

"I don't care about age that much. Plus I knew you'd be on the older side. Look what type of job you have."

"Well I would think you were a little on the older side yourself. Not many twenty-six year olds own their own club."

"Speaking of my club," He started. "How did your husband feel about you goin' by yourself?"

"You mean ex husband?" I corrected as he smiled.

"I could tell that you did seem a little happier than usual."

"I actually am way happier and by the way, it's Dr. Johnson now." I smiled, matching his.

"So what happened?"

"We got into a little disagreement, he wanted a divorce, and I sure wasn't gonna talk him out of one."

"Since you're single, you wanna do something? Preferably today?"

"Today's perfect actually. My friend Meghan's supposed to be cooking at my house to celebrate the divorce, but you can come too. Oh, and invite your friend Najeem, Meghan seems to like him and I'll text you the address later."

"Sounds like a plan." He replied.

Meghan Ravina Burnette

"What'd you do in pre-K today Aidan?" I asked him as I prepped the table for when Krystal would arrive.

He thought for a while.

"We learned uppercase and lowercase letters!" He exclaimed turned his focus back to his coloring book. "Auntie Meghan." He called.

"Yeah baby?" I responded as I sat the pan of fried chicken on the table.

"What's happening with mommy and daddy?"

I smiled. I'd picked Aidan up from preschool today since Malcom decided to vanish and Krystal had to work.

"I'm glad you asked, Aidan." I said sitting next to him. "Something good is happening. You probably won't be able to see your daddy as much, but your mommy will be much happier and she can do more things with you."

He smiled, matching mine.

"It smells good as hell in here." A male voice said as I heard the front door close shortly after. Moments later Krystal, King and Najeem were stepping into the kitchen.