King | Familiar Faces

King Durrell Riemann

We cut past the line of people waitin' to get in the club meeting with the bouncer who immediately let us both inside. We definitely had a full house tonight, I just had to find Corinna out of about five hundred people. I walked around with Najeem for a while before spottin' her talking to some guys. I approached her and grabbed her by the arm.

"What the hell is this Corinna?" I asked her.

"What're you talking about?"

"Your dress. You're supposed to be dressed like you're runnin' this place, not entertainin' guys and dressin' like a booty call."

"Chill the hell out King." She said snatchin' her arm away. "These guys were just asking me what days we're open and I'm not going to be the one dressing like someone's grandmother at a club and I have been managing this place well so far. No fights have broken out. Not yet, anyway."

"Well keep up the good work." I said handing her $10,000 of the $50,000 I just made. "Here's a little somethin' to keep you motivated. Take yourself shoppin' tomorrow."

Her eyes lit up.

"Thank you so much King! I'll take great care of this place tonight."

Krystal Kimberly Johnson-Connell

"Something wrong?" Meghan asked as she ordered another Long Island. She was already on her fifth drink tonight.

"I just feel awkward. I think I may just be the oldest person in here."

"So? You can't tell you're the oldest person in here."

"There's no guys that would peak my interest here anyway."

"So you wouldn't date a guy just a little younger than you?" She asked.

"I like my men older, more mature."

"Maybe that's your problem. I think you need someone young to keep you alive. Someone who has the energy to fuck you at any given time. We all know Malcom isn't doing it."

"Jesus Meghan, could you at least have some type of filter."

"Girl, you know you miss getting dicked down a couple times a week."

"I really do." I admitted.

"And that nigga you have sitting in your house is too old to satisfy you. It may have worked when you two were younger, but it's definitely not working now."

"I'll work something out."

"Dr. Connell?" I heard a familiar voice call causing me to jerk my head in the direction it was coming from to see King.

I felt kind of embarrassed due to the way I was dressed tonight which happened to be way different from what I looked like in the office.

"Mr. Riemann." I greeted him as he approached me.

"You can call me King. It can't be unprofessional if we aren't in the office."

He had a point.

"Then you can call me Krystal. What're you doing here?" I asked.

"I really should be asking you what you're doin' here."

"I know I seem a little too old to be here—"

"Nah, that's not why I asked. It's just because I'm supposed to be here regularly. I own this place."

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do." He proudly said.

"Well I can see that you failed to mention that to me."