『 twenty five: SOUNDS LIKE THE MOON! 』

Start from the beginning

               It was blonde cheerleader standing right in front of him, with those electric ultramarine irises and a fury on her expression — the girl whom he's loved all his life. Juniper.

— CONGRATS, JAKE, Embry's voice flooded his mind. YOU IMPRINTED ON JUNIPER SWAN.

— NICE CATCH, LOVER BOY! Paul's teasing yet congratulatory voice follows Embry. WATCH IT THOUGH, SHE'S THE ALPHA' COUSIN.

— PAUL, Sam had a sigh in his voice.

YOU OWE ME FIVE BUCKS PAULY! Jared chimed up smugly. TOLD YA SHE'D BE HIS. WHO ELSE? 

Jacob took in all the comments but he'd register them later, only taking in the parts he deemed important, like exactly what Jared said: who else could've been his forever? Jacob never thought he'd be more grateful, he hadn't wanted to see her, and feel nothing. Nothing meaning, nothing compared what he just felt, looking at her like he never had seen her before. Jacob had ignored her for the better part of weeks, angry and volatile and a danger to her. Learning the ways of the tribe and what the purpose of him being able to turn into a beast was. He learned about imprinting and out of everything, it was the most terrifying thing for him. He didn't want anyone else. He didn't want to be Sam, loving one girl but being destined for another. Most importantly, Jacob didn't think he could handle if June wasn't his forever. But here she was and Jacob could've dropped to his knees with the sheer adoration he felt for her. Jacob could smell was her scent, the strange mixture of cinnamon and snow, it was heavenly to his senses for a wolfs mate's scent was exclusive to only the wolf that imprinted on them. He wanted to pull her into his arms, stop her bottom lip from quivering and kiss her. But Sam's warning was clear: You're still new to this ... give it time. So all Jacob could do was stare at her with his lips parted slightly and his eyes softening immensely.

She was his imprint, June.

June. June. June.

Sounds like the moon.

          "—Jacob?!" June's angered voice pulled him from his daze. Her blue eyes were electric as the lightning over them. She glared up at him.

"June," Jacob had said her name maybe hundred of times but it'd never have the effect that it did now.

Sam's voice played out in his mind, GIVE IT TIME, JAKE. YOU DON'T WANT TO HURT HER.

"You cut your hair?" June's voice was accusing. She moved her hand up as if she was gonna touch it, but thought better and dropped her hand. Her eyes follow the tattoo on his upper shoulder. "Is that ... you got a tattoo? That's exactly like ..." She trailed off, her eyes widened in dread, remembering others whom have the same kind. "No."

IT'S NOT EASY, JAKE, BUT YOU CAN'T LOSE CONTROL, Sam's authority was seeping through the telepathic bond the pack had. TURN HER AWAY.

Jacob knew, from now understanding Sam's story, how dangerous it was and how easy it was to lose control around your imprint. The knowledge itself kept him from pulling June into his arms, "June ... go away."

His imprint visibly looked taken aback, "What happened?" She asks barley above a whisper, but he hears her clearly, even through the pouring rain. "I thought you were sick. I was going out of my mind for weeks! Lyanna called me yesterday to tell me she saw you with Sam's little brotherhood—"