Chapter One - Lily

Dear Readers,

As you read, keep in mind my youth. I will make mistakes, both grammatical and otherwise. Be patient with me, but also feel free to let me know what I can change. I take criticism fairly well as long as it's constructive.

Hope you enjoy Lovely Insignificance!

~TheRameyFuzz~

Oh, and if any of you are also artistic, I'm also trying to create a new cover. Message me or leave a comment for more information.

Chapter One - Lily

Under the light of the stars I stood, gazing into the glaucous eyes of Chase Richardson who, at the time, I had known and loved for six years. It took until high school for us to actually start dating, but I didn't mind. Chase was well worth the wait.

It was that night, under the glimmering stars on my sixteenth birthday Chase broke the news to me that he was moving.

At first I couldn't believe that I was loosing him, that I was letting him slip through my fingers like I had my past, meaningless relationships, but two months later he was gone. I plead with my parents to move to where Chase had moved to and surprisingly they accepted. They had grown tired of small town life. So, about three months later I moved, gained a new home in the new, much larger city of Kloversville, but I couldn't find Chase anywhere. Not at his new address, not at his mother's new place of business. He had disappeared into the the vast, ever growing crowds of faces. I was broken up, lost, confused, but my sister, Elizabeth, helped me through it. She pushed me to discover myself and forget about him, even as we sat together on her wedding day.

She met her husband, Brian, in Kloversville on my family's search for Chase. Brian later became the closest thing I had to a father after my parents passed away in a fatal collision with a drunk driver.

It was after they died that I decided to discover myself. I said my temporary goodbyes to Lizzy and Brian as I left to find a temporary job in my temporary life. But that's all it was, temporary. Just a few short years later I discovered my calling, teaching. So in order to not be a college hobo, I moved in with Elizabeth where I've lived for far too long.

Lizzy and Brian did well supporting me after I moved in, but it was easy to see taking me in had been difficult on them: They replaced their large, high definition television for a significantly smaller one with absolutely no high def whatsoever. They replaced their five-seat couch for a love seat, which caused problems if we ever had company over or wanted to watch anything together. They replaced their massive king size bed for a full sized one and a futon for me to sleep on. Lizzy even replaced her wedding ring's diamond for a cubic zirconia. I had caused problems for them left and right and there was little to no way I could pay them back. I wanted to help out a little, but simply couldn't; I had a part-time job as a waitress and was working to pay off my student loans, which I had an aching feeling would follow me the rest of my life.

It had been ten years since the day Chase moved away and with guidance from Lizzy, advice from Brian, and a bit of self discovery I had managed to get over him for the most part. Some days I would get by, but I still thought of him when I heard our song on the radio or when I read a description of a man with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes.

As far as being in love had gone it had been terrifying, terrible, and terrific. Although it hurt in the end there wasn't a single moment I regret spending with Chase Richardson.

***

"Don't forget to read and stay out of trouble!"

"Have a great break Ms. Carter!" I yelled running out the door of Kloversville University where I had been going as of late to get my degree in general education. Spring break had just started and I had a two weeks to kick back, relax, and be as little of an annoyance to Elizabeth and Brian as I could. But, first things first: I had to get home. Liz couldn't stand when I was late unless I gave her a good reason twenty-four hours beforehand.