Sneaky Request

I looked at those many players who are circling around a carriage. They have the same clothes as me so i think they are still beginners, but the thing is, some of them had leather armors and shield.

Probably rookie's.

And because curiosity killed the cat. And the wolf almost killed me, i slowly and sneakily looked at the carriage from another angle to which i could perfectly see what the others were trying to fight about.

"*TIIING* Stealth Mastery Learned" a voice echoed once again.

Seriously, when will this ting tong, ling long, king kong, ding dong, echoing voice stop?! Its annoying and distracting.

I continued to sneakily look at the carriage and saw a petite rich looking merchant guy who was sitting inside. He has 4 guard who dressed like knights and was trying to push away the players who are fighting over and over.

Maybe theyre fighting over the carriage? Or something else?

And because im still really curious, i kept on walking slowly, undetected, i was pushed when i squeezed in with everybody but i still wasnt noticed.

Probably because I was a little bit petite and short. Great.

My goal is to try and reach the carriage and to peak even more since i was really intrigued. I was almost there, just a tad but more inch and i would be able to tpuch the carriage doors when---

"You there!" One of the guards yelled. The commotion was stopped all of a sudden, i can feel the piercing eyes of the players surrounding me.

I slowly looked at the guard who called me, and he's currently walking towards me.

"What's the level of your stealth?" He suddenly asked.

Level? Stealth? Theres things like that? What?

"Excuse me for a while" he then made me step aside and opened the carriage door. Then the ugly looking rich merchant stepped outside and faced me.

Did i do something wrong? Well maybe i went a little bit far when i tried to open the carriage door...

"What is your stealth level, Miss?" The petite merchant asked. Its the same question as the guard earlier, although i dont really know the stealth level thingy.

I just entered the game without knowing anything.

i then saw some players tapping their heads, probably thinking, and murmured that their stealth level is 1-3 and such. Some saids that they dont have any stealth level yet.

"I need a stealth in the level of 10 for the job" he said.

Job? So he's actually hiring? Too bad i dont know my stealth level, i should just apologize and leave since im sure that my stealth would be as low as 0.

"And ill gladly pay 70 gold coins to those who will succeed in getting the job right and done." He exclaimed.

"My stealth level is 10, sir" I immediately lied.

I needed the gold!

Everyone went whispering and gasping, probably shocked that a wimp like me has that kind of level in stealth. Even the merchant was surprised.

Well...

"Youre hired then!" He happily said and told me to enter the carriage. I did as i was told sonce i had no choice but to obey.

"Its surprising that a newbie like you could have such a stealth level." He complimented and smiled.

Uhh...No thanks? No thanks for the compliment since I dont deserve it?

"Oh well, let me explain the job to you later when i gather the other 4 people" he said and sat comfortably and he kept smiling at me.

This is AWKWARD. I want to rip that stupid smile off his darn face. The carriage started to move and i can see from the opened windows on how disappointed the other players look.

Probably because of the pay. 70 gold coins! I bet this work is going to be hard because the pay is really high. Oh well, whatever the job, im sure i could get the hang of it.

Ill meet two teeth soon~

***

Did I say that the job is going to be hard? And i could get the hang of it? Well, im doomed.

Why?

Because the job is not only hard. Its really, ULTRA-MEGA-SUPER-DUPER-HARD, for a newbie like me. I mean i just started to play yesterday! I was almost in the verge of death earlier! I just got recently recovered and got my first 2 golds.

And now im on the brink of death, AGAIN.

"Do you guys understand? Once again, ill repeat. The job to be done is that you need to bring me the unbreakable metal which is available in this world. Ever heard of wolverine? Or was it wolverine? Anyways, that metal is not rare, its pretty plenty here but its no where to be found. But! 2 weeks ago, my guards found those metal somewhere around the dark forest, although there are dangerous monsters that lurks there. Some monsters guard those metals and if they sense you they will slaughter you" the merchant said.

He seems to be somehow informed. I looked at the other 4 strong-looking players beside me. Theres two guys and two girls, plus me, so there are five of us that was given the task.

"Each of you will try to search for that metal deep in the dark forest again. Whoever could bring me the metal will have the 70 pieces of gold coins, and whoever could survive would have...40" he said. He sure is eager and willing to pay us good amount of fortune.

But crap. 40 is not an option! I need to get to the metal. No wonder he chosed sneaky players to do the job, since being sneaky is an advantage, we could just sneak in the forest and get the metal without getting detected.

Like hell, I cant do that! This is what I get from lying.

"Oh by the way, miss newbie here is gonna be the bait" he suddenly said while pointing at me.

What.

"Pffft" the other 4 snorted. They looked at me with judging eyes.

Just because you guys have cool armors, doesnt mean you could insult me just because i dont have one.

"Just kidding Newbie, although i hope you wont bring these players, who has stealth levels within 10-12" he proudly said as if he picked them himself.

Dont worry rich bastar--- merchant, i wont hold them back, in fact, ill stay beside you and hold your neck really tight until you cant breathe.

Just kidding.

I just gave a small forced smile and let their judging eyes and word pass. I had no idea on why the actuall crap theyre trying to insult me now. Earlier this merchant just complimented me, and now he's confidently insulting me.

Meh. As long as theres gold, ill let it pass. Just need to have the gold and ill smack their faces soon.

And just like that he gave us a room to stay for the night. I went to my designated room and made myself comfy and covered myself in with the warm blanket.

Tomorrow will be the day we do the job. And I just hope id get the metal, if not, I wont be able to see Two teeth.

I know i wont stand a chance tomorrow, but ive gotta try, since tomorrow's the second day and on the third ill be finding Two teeth in order to give him the 50 gold coin's.

Oh well, meh.

And i slept.

***

Sorry for the late update!! And for the typos and gramatical errors as well.

Thank yo for reading!