Chapter 34- The Sound and The Fury

Start from the beginning

"This is no one's fault but mine." Dr. Wells cuts him off. "I earned the blame— I'm not interested in sharing it. Hartley doesn't think I've paid for my crimes. And he's right. He won't stop until I do." He turns his wheelchair and starts to leave the cortex.

"Where are you going?" Barry asks.

"To earn back your trust." Dr. Wells says and then leaves.

***

The next day, I was sitting in the cortex, watching the interview of Dr. Wells on the computer.

About three hours of boredom later, Cisco, Caitlin, Barry and Dr. Wells were in the cortex with me.

"Has Hartley made contact yet?" Dr. Wells asks.

"Wha makes you so sure he will?" Caitlin asks.

"Because he's Hartley and he'll want to have the last word." Dr. Wells replies. Cisco gets up.

"Cisco. You should be resting." Barry tells him.

"The answer to why Hartley fooled us into catching him is in here, and I'm gonna find it." Cisco says and turns to the other room. Dr. Wells follows after Cisco and Caitlin, Barry and I stay at the computer desk.

Dr. Wells talks to Cisco as I absentmindedly play with my cross necklaces.

Then, there's a crash.

"What's that?" Caitlin asks and sparks fly from the ceiling.

"Nice gambit, Harrison. But this isn't over." Hartley's voice comes over the loud speaker.

"Hartley What do you want? What do you want, Hartley? I already gave my mea culpa today." Dr. Wells yells.

"The city already hated you." Hartley says. "You don't think I noticed that press conference was a pathetic bishop sacrifice? No, no, no. I've played with you too many times to let you get away with that. This is between you, me, and The Flash."

"You don't want to play for those kind of stakes with me, Hartley." Dr. Wells says.

"Actually, I really do." Hartley answers. "What do you say? One last game of chess?"

"You and I both know that the winner of the game is the one who makes the next-to-last mistake and you clearly have a move in mind." Dr. Wells says.

"You're right." Hartley says. "And I'm already at the board. So why don't you move your precious Scarlett knight...while I take out a few pawns." We all look at Barry.

"Alright, Cisco, where do I go?" Barry asks in his suit.

"I can't trace the signal. He could be sending his messages from anywhere." Cisco says at the computer.

"Cisco, scan for seismic activity. If Hartley's using sonic blasts, the vibrations could cause tremors." Dr. Wells says.

"Look, over here." Cisco says. "Quake activity but no fault line."

"The Keystone Cleveland Dam." Caitlin says.

"Barry, don't underestimate him, he's brilliant." Dr. Wells says before Barry leaves.

"Wait." Cisco says, then it looks like he's thinking for a second. "Take Mack with you."

"What?" Barry and I ask together.

"Take Mack with you." Cisco repeats again. "She can use her quakes to go up against Hartley."

"Cisco. I..." I get cut off.

"You wanted me to study your powers, right? Well, your powers are 20 times stronger than his gloves at the weakest if you quake right." Cisco says, putting his hands on my right shoulder.

"Okay. I'll try." I say nervously. I pull my sling off over my head and leave it on the desk.

"Ready?" Barry asks and I nod my head. He picks me up and speeds off to the dam.

This should be interesting.

***

We get to the dam and Barry leaves me to go save a woman in a falling car.

"You guys need to disarm him immediately. He is a master of distraction. He is a master of hiding his true endgame." Dr. Wells tells us though the coms.

Hartley uses his gloves and shoots cars into the air and Barry runs to save people.

"Barry, you need to get out of there!You need to get out of there immediately!" Is the next thing I hear Dr. Wells yell through the coms.

Barry didn't listen and I watch him run to the other side of the road and rip Hartley's gloves off.

"It's over! You lose!" I hear Barry yell. I start to move towards them as Hartley shifts on the ground.

"Amazing." Hartley says. "He replaced me with you? Total moron. I got you with the same trick twice."

Then, Barry grabs his head and groans through his teeth.

"Barry?" I ask, my eyes widened at the ground was quaking under me. "Barry!" I yell as he falls to the ground.

I look over at Hartley and move towards him, gritting my teeth. My left arm dangling but my right arm out in front of me with my palm facing him. I could practically see my quakes go out of my hands and hit Hartley.

I scream through my teeth as my quakes get stronger and Hartley screams in pain.

"Stop!" I hear in my ear. My quakes continue and I feel blood drip down my nose as I get closer to Hartley. Then I hear the voice again. It was Dr. Wells. "Stop! You're gonna kill him!" And once I heard that I dropped my right arm down, my quakes still going through the ground but not hurting Hartley anymore.

I drop to my knees and breathe heavily as Barry staggers as he gets up to go over to Hartley. He checks Hartley's neck and looks over at me.

"He's alive." Barry breathes through the coms.

I let out a breath of relief and fall to the ground, slipping out of consciousness.

***

I guess I wasn't unconscious for too long cause I woke up to Barry holding me in the cortex, one arm under my leg, one behind my back and his chest away from my left arm.

"Ow." I groan, opening my eyes.

"Hey." Barry smiles at me. He puts me down on my feet and I lose my balance a little from a massive headache.

"Ow." I say again. Barry puts an arm behind my back and I see Caitlin, Cisco, and Dr. Wells in the cortex. "I'm sorry." I say with tears in my eyes. "I almost killed him."

"Hey, it's okay." Cisco says. "I'm the one who made you use your powers. You used your powers, though. And you controlled them." Cisco smiles, wiping a tear from my face.

"Yeah, but there's only one problem." I tell them, putting my sling back to hold my left arm up.

"Which is?" Barry asks.

"I have no idea how I controlled them..." I say. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you liked that chapter. I switched the episode up a little for the dam scene. Tell me if you liked it. I LOVE feedback, good and bad. That was the last chapter of the episode. Next chapter up TUESDAY.

-MC