Chapter 25- The Flash vs. Arrow

MacKenzie's POV

Barry sped back to STAR labs with me in his arms. He put me down in the hallway and met up with Felicity as I run ahead of them into the cortex to sit on the desk.

"Hey, we just got a ping from the facial recognition software on Bivolo AKA Prism." Cisco says.

"Since when do we have facial recognition software?" Caitlin asks.

"Happy Chanukah." Felicity says.

"Where can I find him?" Barry asks Cisco.

"Traffic cameras just caught him entering a residence at 168 Jarvis." Cisco says, typing on the computer.

"We should let The Arrow know." Felicity says.

"I can handle this solo. I've done it before." Barry says.

"Barry, I really think you need to wait—" Felicity gets cut off.

"Felicity, I don't need his help." Barry says. Then, he speeds into his suit and runs off.

"Something's wrong." I mutter under my breath.

***

When Barry got back, Caitlin tested his eyes cause Bivolo did something to him...or something like that. I wasn't given full details.

Anyways,

"No signs of Macular damage. Your retina and cornea seem unaffected." Caitlin says after studying Barry's eyes a little. I lean against the door frame of the glass room next to the cortex and cross my arms.

"I told you, I'm fine." Barry says.

"You said Bivolo whammied you." Felicity says. "No desire to go MMA on any of us?"

"No." Barry quietly says. "Yeah, I mean, something weird happened with his eyes for a sec."

"Weird thing?" Caitlin asks.

"Yeah, everything went red." Barry explains.

"You were right." Felicity says to Caitlin. Right about what, I have no idea.

"Okay, next thing you know, Bivolo was gone." Barry says, walking out of the room and into the cortex. I turn my body to face him as Caitlin and Felicity walk out with him. "Look, obviously his powers didn't work on me so..." Barry says, trailing off.

"It was stupid for you to go out there alone." Caitlin says. "You take too many risks. As fast as you are, that's gonna catch up with you."

"Caitlin, I'm not Ronnie. You gotta stop treating me like I am." Barry says and the ground starts to quake and I ball my hands into fists.

"Do NOT bring my brother into this." I say through gritted teeth.

"Woah. Okay, she has powers." Felicity says.

"You're right. You're not." Caitlin says. Then she leaves the room and I storm off too.

"Cait." I say, following after her and my quakes slowly die down as I cool off a little.

She turns to me and I hug her and a few tears fall from my eyes.

"It's okay." She quietly says, bending down so I can wrap my arms around her neck.

"I just miss him so much and then Barry brought him up again and I..." I trail off through my tears.

"I'm here." Cait whispers, rubbing my back.

***

A few hours later, I walked into the cortex to hear Felicity on the phone. I lean against the doorway and listen.

"That was The Arrow. He says Barry is acting strangely." Felicity says.

"Strangely, How?" Dr. Wells asks and Mr. West walks in.

"He's been whammied." He says. "He was acting angry. It was scary. And his eyes....they glowed." Mr. West explains.

"It's possible that his body is fighting off the effect, so it's hitting him slower." Caitlin says.

"When it comes to rage, that is not a good thing." Dr. Wells says. "The longer you suppress your emotions..."

"The bigger the explosion." Felicity finishes.

"Considering What he can dim how do we even stop him?" Mr. West asks.

"A cold fun would come in real handy right about now." Cisco says, referring to the one everyone yelled at him for building.

"Hey." Mr. West says.

"I'm just saying." Cisco defends.

"None of us can stop Barry. Fortunately, Felicity knows someone who can." Dr. Wells says, looking over at Felicity. "I think you better call back Oliver Queen. We're going to need The Arrow's help." Felicity's eyes go wide and mine do too. 

————————————————————————————————————————

Sorry that chapter was super short. But I still hoped you liked it. Don't forget to vote by clicking that star button. Next chapter up SATURDAY a.k.a. TOMORROW

-MC