Chapter 19- The Flash is Born

MacKenzie's POV

Waking up, I find that it's kinda a lazy hour in the cortex. Caitlin was on the computer along with Cisco, who was sucking on a lollipop.

I cough and the two look over at me.

"Hey." Cisco says, coming over to me.

"Hey." I reply with a small smile.

"You're awake just in time to see it." Cisco says with a tablet and a huge grin on his face.

"See what?" I ask.

"See this. Theoretically if Barry can run super fast, he can smash right through Tony's metal." Cisco explains, the smile still there when he presses the button on the tablet to pay the video.

Caitlin and I watch the video and my eyes widen as the figure of Barry smashes into a million pieces after hitting Tony's steel body.

"Yea, that's not happening." I say.

"Ouch." Cisco says.

"Ouch?" Caitlin asks. Cisco looks like he was about to say something but Barry's voice came over the coms.

"Guys you there?" He asks.

"Yeah man, what's up?" Cisco asks.

"Tony took Iris." Barry says. I need you to do whatever you can to help me find her, alright? Satellites, security cameras, hack em all." He says quickly.

"You got it." I tell him and then the call ends.

"Mack, that computer." Cisco tells me, pointing to the middle computer

I sit down with Caitlin and Cisco on both sides of me and we all type away.

"Guy!" I say. "Fire alarm at a school." I tell them. Cisco comes over and gives me a high five.

"Nicely done." He says. "Barry," He says, turning the coms on. "He at the school."

"Got it." Barry says.

I hack into the cameras of the school and watch Barry get beat up.

I can feel the ground slightly shake under me and I feel eyes on me, but I continue to look straight ahead at the camera feed. Caitlin and Cisco stand behind me to watch.

We see Barry supersped out of the school and the quakes suddenly stop as I breathe out a sigh of relief.

"He made it out. Barely." Cisco says as we watch his tracker run through the streets. Then, the tracker stops moving.

"Why did he stop?" Caitlin asks.

"He's miles away." Cisco says. "5.3 miles away." He says looking at us. My eyes widen and I turn the coms back on to talk to Barry.

"Be careful Barry!" I yell to him and he starts to run.

I turn back to my computer with the feed of the school and watch Barry supersped in and punch the metal right off of Tony.

"SUPER SONIC OUNCH BABY!!!!" Cisco yells, standing up and throwing his arms in the air. "Whoo!" He cheers.

Tony gets up and the ground quakes a little as he looks at Barry. Then, Iris knocks him out.

"Wow." Is all I say.

***

Later, Barry wanted to be at the pipeline to see Tony wake up.

Caitlin, Cisco and I were standing a few feet behind Barry, me with my arms crossed.

"Hey! What is this?" Tony yells from the cell, standing to his feet. "Where the hell am I?" He asks, banging on the cell.

"Somewhere yells never hurt anyone ever again." Barry says in his flash suit but with no mask on, the darkness hiding his face perfectly.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Tony asks. Barry steps into the light to reveal his face to Tony.

"You know who I am." Barry says.

"Allen?" Tony asks.

"The thing that happened to you, Tony, it happened to me too, but it didn't just give us abilities. It made us more of who we are. You got strong. I got fast. Fast enough to beat you. You used your gift to hurt people. Not anymore." Barry says. Then, he steps away from the cell.

"Allen." Tony says. "Allen. Don't walk away from me, Allen!" Tony yells, banging on the glass again.

Barry closes the steel door and does a victory punch into the air.

"Dude. That had to feel great." Cisco says. Barry looks at me and I put my arms up and he lifts me onto his hip as he continues to walk.

"You have no idea." Barry says.

"Almost as good as proving me wrong about the supersonic punch?" Caitlin asks as we walk out of the pipeline. Well, they walk cause I'm being carried.

"Actually that part hurt. Like a lot." Barry tells her, stopping at the doorway. "But I couldn't have done it without you guys."

"All I want to know is which childhood bully are we gonna take down next?" Cisco asks. "Mine or Caitlin's?"

"Okay, Yeah." Barry says, laughing and walking away and I lay my head against his shoulder.

"I vote mine." Cisco says and I see Caitlin walk out. "Guys, this is not a joke." He says, following after.

***

It was late at STAR labs when I walked into the cortex to see Cisco asleep on his arm at the computer.

"Cisco." I say, shaking him awake.

"Oh, hey, Mack." He says groggily, stretching his arms out. "What's up?" He asks.

"Well, it's three in the morning and you're here instead of at your house." I say, sitting in the desk next to his computer, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Uh, Yeah, Well, it's three in the morning and you look wide awake." Cisco says.

"I'm different." I tell him. "Now, what're you doing up?" I ask him.

"Going through your scan." He says, rubbing his forehead.

"Really?" I asks, jumping down and looking at his computer. "What'd you find?"

"A few things, different things, more things, ya know. I'll tell you another day when I understand the scans more." Cisco tells me.

"Okay. Thanks." I say. I give him a hug. "Get some sleep. Goodnight." I tell him.

Then, I go back to my room in STAR labs and lay down in bed.

Drifting off to sleep with a smile, I think not just about my tested powers, but about my great friends here.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Sorry it's a day late, this new ios update is messing me up. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. That's the last one in the episode. Don't forget to vote and comment. Next chapter up by MONDAY.

-MC