Paisley's Part 2

~part two~

~Mango

______________________________________________________

Idony's Point of View

I giggled as Lee looped his arm through mine. He smelled so good! He was leading me towards an old looking diner. I was guessing it served breakfast because it just looked like one of those kind of restaurants. Lee opened the door for me and we walked inside together, arms still linked.

Almost immediately a homely old woman rushed to greet us. She had bushy grey hair and was very short.

"My sweet!" She tugged Lee's face down to hers and kissed him on the cheek. She then slapped him. "Why don't you visit more often!"

Lee laughed. "I'm so busy with school Gram!"

Suddenly 'Gram' seemed to notice me. "Who is the young lady?" She walked over to me and grabbed my hands. Her wrinkly hands felt like sandpaper they were so rough.

"Oh that's my good friend Idon-" Lee started.

"Oh! Delightful! You have brought a woman! Oh the bambinos are on the way!" She wiped a tear.

Me and Lee turned as red as tomatoes simultaneously. We both shared a glance and began to stutter. "W-were not um t-together um-"

"G-gram were not um dating..." Lee managed.

Grams smile disappeared. "Well what are you waiting for? Never mind that. You're both so thin! Eat!"

Still red, we ordered a ton of food and sat down making small chat as our stomachs growled for food.

"Heh, sorry about that...shes a bit, how shall I put it, foreword?" Lee apologized.

"No, it's okay. Is she your grandma?" I asked.

"No, she's actually my best friends grandma I'm just really close to the family. They kind of took me after my..." Lee trailed off staring at the table.

I figured I shouldn't push so I just kept talking. "Yeah, that's cool! It would be awesome to have like, a second family because my parents are never home so,"

"That sucks! Aren't you lonely?" He looked back at me.

"Nah, I've gotten used to it I guess."

"Yeah...FOOD!!" Lees face lit up as we saw Gram walking over with plates full of beautiful food.

I was practically drooling.

We both devoured our food in a comfortable silence. We were both so interested in the food that there was really no need to talk.

Surprisingly I finished my food first, which made me feel like a fat slob. What would he think of me? Ew, she ate all that even faster than me, a guy? I swirled around the syrup on my plate with my fork hoping he wouldn't notice my slobbish ways.

"Ah, she is one of us!" I heard Gram exclaim from behind me.

"W-what?" I stammered.

Lee looked up from his last bite and grinned at me. "Someone was hungry!"

I turned bright red again and stared at my plate. "Um..."

"No it's ok! Gram loves it when people eat fast...that sounds weird..." Lee explained, and I noted a tint of red in his cheeks.

"Well then, she must love me!"

___________________________

Lee's Point of View

"Well then, she must love me!" She gave me a confident grin and I couldn't help but think it was adorable. Everything about her was adorable! Ok, I did not just think that. I'm getting way ahead of myself.

After we finished up at Paisley's I offered to take her home. She said sure and we set off to her house. In my mind I was thinking about if we ever dated how fun it would be to sneak to her house and go on secret dates. I told my mind to shut up.

"Now a left up here," She told me.

I nodded and took a left at the light. Now we had come to a bright little side street with tiny ranches lining the streets.

"It's the yellow one."

I parked my car in the driveway of a small light yellow ranch house with a tulip tree in the front. I got out and opened the door for her like a gentleman.

"You are the nicest person, you know?" She put a hand on my arm. "Thanks so much for taking me out."

"Oh um, no problem! Anytime!" I blushed slightly, and then cursed myself for blushing. Why did she make me so nervous? I had never felt this way with other girls...

She beamed at me. I suddenly got a burst of courage and slowly wrapped my arms around her in a hug. At first I think she was surprised, but within seconds she melted into my arms and pulled me closer. We stayed in an embrace for a while before we both let go smiling. I walked her to the door and then turned to get in my car.

"Wait, Lee!" I heard her call after me.

I turned. "Yeah?"

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Definitely."

______________________________________________________

Ok! how'd y'all like their 'first date'?

Let me know!

~Mango