c h a p t e r 5

katniss

miss you lots... when do you leave for football camp?

I sent that last night, and still no response. Maybe I'm overreacting, but usually Peeta always replies back to me, right away too. I pace back and forth, my sweaty palms grasping my phone gently. I'm supposed to be heading to a music video shoot in an hour, yet I'm worrying about this.

"Katniss, seriously calm down." My best friend, Johanna's, voice snaps me out of my daze. "He's probably just super busy."

"But Peeta always answers me. No matter what," I state bluntly, stopping in my tracks. What if something is wrong? Just as if Peeta read my mind, my phone buzzed gently. I whipped it out within a second, not wanting to waste a moment.

Peeta 😍
sorry....i just got out of lifting, football camp starts this week. i decided to leave this past week, start fresh. i've missed you and there wasn't anything to do with you gone. this seasons going to be really good this year, and i hope you can come to some games and i'll come to your concerts!
slide to unlock . . . now

sounds great! maybe i'll come visit soon enough, i'm really really excited/happy for you!

Finally, an answer from him. I've missed him, so much. Too much.

"It's time to go to the shoot," Johanna pipes in, standing up and impatiently waiting on me. I slip into my car, Jo getting in my passenger seat as we drive to the set. Famous life is busy life. I feel like I always have something to do, it's because I do. Every now and then I do receive a
break, but that's once in a blue moon. Cameras flash outside of my window as paparazzi flood towards my car. Kevin and Leo, my bodyguards, swing open my door and guard Jo and I as we walk into my studio.

"Thanks Kev and Leo," I state with a small smile as we click the buttons in the elevator. My studio is amazing, it's like my small safe place. The elevator dings, notifying that we're on my floor.

"Katniss!" Effie shrieks, running slowly towards me in her heels.

"Yes Effie, I'm right here chillax." She whips out a lengthy schedule. She leads us down a long hallway, heels clicking each step.

"You have an interview with Lauren tonight and tomorrow you have the awards," she continues on and on as I turn towards Johanna who's mocking Effie. I giggle as soon as Effie whips around. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." I clear my throat, stepping forward a bit. She flings open my dressing room door, Cinna and my makeup team on the other side.

"Cinna!" I squeak, throwing him into a bone crushing hug. I met Cinna the first day I came here, he was so kind and showed me where everything was. He also lets me talk to him whenever and he gives me advice.

"Hey girl on fire, let's get you dressed." He pulls out a bodysuit and a wig. He can sense that I'm uneasy about this so he just gives me a little nudge. I sit in front of my mirror, my team doing their magic. "You have 4 outfits, after the first shot you'll come in here and put the next outfit on. We'll do some touch ups also. Then we'll repeat each time."

I nod, eyeing each of the outfits. One is like a high waisted bikini, it's silver with some heels and black fishnets. The next one is a silver tank crop top and skirt with two slits in it along with silver heels again. Another is a black mini dress with silver tints along it and red bottomed black over the knee boots. My final outfit is a black bodysuit with a little tail on the sides and back, it has glow in the dark stars which matches my gloves and over the knee boots. As I place my body into the first outfit, I absolutely adore it. It fits perfectly. I line my fingertips along the material, admiring it.

"Cinna, this is absolutely amazing-" he cuts me off.

"Just wait until you look in the mirror," he says, dragging me towards the long mirror. I gasp, he has outdone himself. The wig looks like my actual hair and my makeup fits perfectly. I plod into the area where we're shooting, it looks like an obstacle course. I can hear the crew yelling and everyone is moving throughout the set.

"She has arrived boss!" one of the workers shouted. Here goes a long day of shooting.

+

The girls and I are at starbucks, Kevin and Leo waiting outside. We've been talking about becoming a group for the longest time and today is the day we're finalizing it. Johanna, Annie, Clove and I could all still sing some solos, we would just be a group also. Producing music together like old times.

"I say we do it," I pipe in, each of them whipping their attention to me. I take a sip on my coffee, waiting quietly for a response.

"Kat's right, what do we have to lose?" Johanna questions, kicking back in her seat. Annie and Clove nod, finally agreeing with us.

"So, it's settled." I push up out of the seat, walking over to get a refill. I turn on my heel only to be knocked into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, my fault." I gently raise my head to meet light chocolate colored eyes. He's tall, not as tall as Peeta and definitely not as strong as Peeta. His brown hair is shaggy and thrown to the side. "I'm David."

"I'm Katniss." I read his facial expression and you can tell he knows who I am. Yet he doesn't say a word. He scribbles something down and hands me a piece of paper.

"Here's my number." He winks and walks off, man he has some nerve. I roll my eyes and scurry back to my table.

"Katniss who was that?" they all ask, looking straight into my eyes. I shrug, ripping off a little piece of the brownie I received.

"Some weirdo." I rummage through my purse, spotting my phone. I send a text to Effie, letting her know what we decided. I set down my phone, checking the time swiftly. "I texted Effie about us being a group. We should probably head home though."

Ever since they all moved here they didn't have anywhere to stay, so I made them my roommates. One by one they came and one by one I accepted them. Clove was the last one to move here. I had just enough room, I have more room too. I fling my purse around my arm and toss my phone into it as we stand up. We all hop in and I drove here so I get settled in. Johanna flips on the radio, all of us singing along with it. We have so much to do, in a little amount of time. We'll be even busier, writing more and more songs. It'll all be worth it though.

+ + +

i had no idea what to do with this chapter lol

but katniss' outfits and the video is what her music video looks like;
focus by ariana grande

btw do y'all like David?

thank you all so much

i love you

bye tributes

-xoxo 💋

i know what i came to do🎶