c h a p t e r 4

third person

The Everdeen's and Mellark's were throwing a going away cookout for Katniss. As Katniss smoothed out her dress, nervous for some odd reason. She leaves tomorrow morning. A little soon, she's so scared to be out on her own, in a new area, new house, new friends and most importantly no Peeta. Her heart pounded out of her chest just thinking about it. It ached of pondering about leaving Peeta. She slipped on her shoes, heading down her stairs and flinging open the back door. There, Peeta stood with a small bouquet of sunflowers, a sly smile hanging on his lips.

"Omg Peeta! Thank you so much, these are absolutely beautiful!" He handed her the flowers, a weight being lifted off of his shoulders. This could make it a little easier. "Wait here, I'm putting these in water."

Each of their families was out sitting by the grill, grinning and speaking as they watched their children so in love. Katniss came back out, linking her arm with her lover boy's.

"Katniss!" Laura and Mark Mellark call out as Katniss' ears perk up. She plods toward them, their arms covering her in a warm hug. "We are going to miss you so much darling! I must say, you are absolutely perfect for our son and I'm positive you two are meant to be."

"Thank you so much Mr and Mrs Mellark, I hope that one day it'll be. Maybe once our lives slow down a little." She explained as they watched Peeta tackle Ryan, his brother, who had the football. Katniss giggled slightly, noticing how good he is.

"Katniss please, call me Laura and call this old man Mark! You have grown into such a beautiful, kind, and sweet woman. I know you both are meant to be, God is whispering it to me. I just know it," Laura explains, watching Katniss looking lovingly at her son. She knew they had been in love forever. Ever since they were little kids.

"Thank you," Katniss whispered looking down while a pink sensation rises on her cheeks. Just as Katniss was going to speak once again she was cut off by Peeta yelling for her. She whipped around only to be tossed over his shoulder. "Peeta put me down!"

"Nope!" He said, walking around to the gazebo. He set her down and looked her straight into those bright silver orbs. "In all seriousness, I need to tell you something."

"You can tell me anything Peet's," she said his nickname, grasping his shoulder.

"I'm playing football for the university I got into," he said bluntly, waiting for her reaction. Immediately she was elated by the news, tossing her arms around his neck as his snaked around her waist.

"That's amazing Peeta! You'll be an amazing player. You're already the best and I can't wait to see how big you make it in the world," she said truthfully. His smile radiated off of hers as they stared longingly at each other. Two different worlds they lived. Their parents sat by, watching their children be so in love with each other.

"Why won't they tell one another that they love each other?" Paula Everdeen exclaimed, sipping on her sweet wine with Laura while Mark Mellark and Jackson Everdeen grilled.

"They're too scared. They don't see how much they love each other, heck they don't even know they love each other. Plus they'll have completely different worlds here soon enough," Jackson spoke up, taking turns on the grill with Mark.

"God will pull them back to each other if it's meant to be," Paula stated, carelessly gulping down the last bit. Laura nodded, clinking their glasses together.

"I still remember when they were little kids, crushing on each other even way back then!" Mark chuckled, glancing up at the view of the meadow. "They used to run into that meadow, fearing nothing. But they had each other, and that was enough."

Paisley came crashing into Peeta's legs, gripping onto them tightly as she begged for him to come play. He of course accepted, only if Katniss would play too. Isabelle joined in on their fun and soon enough all the kids joined in. As the sun went down they all sat close together by the bonfire, sharing laughs and listening to the faint radio play. Katniss laid against Peeta, playing with his big hands, tracing every vein and bone.

"Next up we have a brand new artist we can't wait to share with you guys, Into You by Katniss Everdeen!" The lady on the radio spoke words Katniss could barely process. Her song was being played on one of the top stations. Peeta and Katniss shot up from their seats, everyone enveloping her in a hug. Peeta waited, his arms wide open as she leaped into them. He spun her around, holding his excited best friend. She had a voice of an angel, she was an angel. He set her down, both staring in this hug as he buried his face in her hair.

"Oh, baby, look what you started
The temperature's rising in here
Is this gonna happen?" Katniss sang softly along to her voice on the radio. She sounded exactly the same, she was so proud at this moment.

+

Katniss woke up this morning dreading the fact she was leaving. It was time to go to the big world, producing her music. Producing her passion. She could barely wrap her head around all of this. She was leaving behind everything she ever knew of. As she placed one last box into the car, she stepped back, breathing in the scent of the good, old country air.

"Katniss, are you ready?" Her mother's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Give me a minute." Before her parents could object she dashed up to her room, taking in the last bit of it. Then a familiar face peeked through her window. She swiftly cracked it open as he also did.

"One last time for old times sake?" Peeta questioned, trying to lighten the mood as a goofy grin playing on his face.

"Of course." Her smile beamed through the sunlight as a tiny sparkle was well shown in her eyes. "I'm really going to miss this room and our windows."

"We have many great memories here, it is going to be hard to leave it." He pondered for a moment before standing up straighter. "Meet you downstairs on your lawn in 5?"

"Yeah, our final goodbye." Each step she took down the stairs was a little piece of her heart shattering. It cracked as the stair steps creaked. Everything will be just fine she tried to tell herself. But in reality, she had no idea what to expect. So she met her lover on the lawn, after saying goodbye to her parents and his parents of course.

"Will you remember me?" His breathe clenched in his throat. His heart was ripping apart as he saw his best friends smile disappearing.

"Always." Always, that was their thing. They always said always, doesn't matter what it was. She squeezed his hand, not wanting to lose his touch. She wanted to keep this feeling of true love with her forever. He brought her into his arms. She breathed in his scent once more, the pastries smelling fresh along his shirt. She was on her way to become famous and soon enough, they both knew what was going to happen. They were going to lose contact.

Peeta watched as she slid into the limo. She looked perfect, as always. He wanted to shout out all of his feelings but he knew he couldn't. Katniss wanted nothing more than to just run back to him, tell him everything and beg her to be his before she went off. Yet she didn't, and neither did he.

"I love you. . ." Both of them whispered softly, Katniss tracing her finger along the window watching his figure shrink as she got farther and farther away. Peeta couldn't move, he just stood there, wishing for her to hear him.

+ + +

y'all i had no idea what to write for this chapter so sorry if it's bad

Katniss' voice sounds exactly like Ariana Grande's if you were wondering

song she 'wrote' Into You by Ariana Grande

i love you all so much

thank you

bye tributes

-xoxo 💋

baby, come light me up🎶