Chapter Eight: Rose Petal Confetti Party

2:30 p.m
Las Vegas, Nevada
10 hours earlier

Dean

Dean smiled at Eric as the manager tried to recall any meetings with the murder victims. Angel stood next to him, sneezing every 5 seconds. Dean's nerves grinded together.

"Um Detective Young is your dog okay? ?" Eric asks, staring down at her. Dean closed his eyes for a second, trying to regain his posture, and glared at Angel. She lowered her head, letting out a pitiful sneeze. His heart jerked, and looked back at the manager and nodded.

"Yeah. Just found out she's allergic to roses" Dean says, taking a drink from his glass of water that Eric offered him before they began talking.

"This must be torture for her then, we use roses as a masking scent, the smell of roses is much better than vomit and sweat" Eric explains. Dean nods, making a mental note that they used roses. Might be connected to the murders. Whatever this thing is, it might be here

"You're welcome to let her outside in the back while we talk, it's fenced in and the only ones who go back there are the employees and the trucks with my alcohol deliveries."

"Yeah that'd be a good idea" Dean responds, tapping his hip as a sign for Angel to follow. He led her out back, and patted a crate. She jumped up on it and stared at him. "I'll be back. Behave" he tells her, walking back inside. Eric was waiting for him at the bar, mixing a drink that was dark red.

"You a mixologist?" Dean says in amusement, and Eric grins.

"I was practically the best before I became manager. That's probably why I got upgraded. This ones special though. My own mix" he says, taking a sip of the thick drink.

"What's in it?" The question made Eric hesitate, and he gave a tight lipped smile.

"Can't give away the secrets Detective. I'd be out of business" he chuckles.

The interview went smoothly without the sound of sneezing. Eric seemed clean, claims that he hadn't heard of the couples, and the bartenders those nights only recalled the victims buying drinks and leaving.

Eric returns from dealing with a delivery, a thoughtful look on his face when he saw Dean once more.

"Detective! You're still here" he offers Dean a grin

"Yeah, just about to head out as soon as I collect Angel" he says

"Can I get you something before you go?"

"I shouldn't-"

"I insist! Just a little concoction I made myself" he says, his tone a bit more pressing. Dean rubs his jaw, and nods

"Yeah, why not?"

"Excellent" he says, and began pulling down different ingredients, mixing them quick and pouring it into a shot glass. Dean lofted the pale red drink, and downed it on one gulp. It stung, making Dean gasp, blinking furiously. The liquid burned going down, and even more when it settled in his stomach.