Chapter Four: I'm pretty sure Dad has a stick up his ass

Angel

I stared hopelessly as the back of the car grew smaller and smaller. I whimpered, crossing the parking lot to the sidewalk, and say on my haunches. Why did Dean leave? I must have done something wrong......maybe it was because I chewed his laces? I didn't know. I felt a pang of loneliness. I couldn't feel sad for long, there was a loud clang, and I turned to see a couple of the people from the building coming out with loop-poles.

"Don't you guys ever quit?" I whine in exasperation. They cooed, and called at me, coming closer with their sticks. But I knew what happens. And I wasn't going to go easily. I jumped to my paws, and growled. I barked, and backed away, down to the Intersection of the roads. I felt the cars drive past me, tugging gently at my fur. They approached more cautiously, and I barked at them. "Go away!" One of the workers lunged forward, the loop-pole in his hands. I turned, and leapt on to the road. A car screeched, nearly missing me. Car horns sounded, and a surge of terror clawed at me, and I stumbled across the cool asphalt to the other side. The people yelled, and stared on at me, I barked at them, and then took off down the sidewalk.

I ducked around people's legs, as I tried to form a plan. How could I find Dean? How could I convince him that I'm a good dog? My paw pads began to ache, the bumpy texture of the ground rubbed them raw. I looked around, completely lost. I sat in the grass, trying to cool my sore paws. I must have been walking for hours, the sun was high above the sky, shining warmth on the patch of grass. A car would speed by every other second, but I figured I was safe where I was. I laid my head on my forearms, my eyelids heavy with drowsiness. I don't even remember falling asleep

Terror. Fear filling my heart. She stared a me with cruel mallace. Her long, gnarled fingers grasped the fur of my neck, holding me to her. I could almost smell her horrid breath. I struggled, trying to get away.

"Ooo you're a tricky one aren't you? Well there's no Dean here to save you now. Its just you and me" she cackled. My nostrils burned with the scent of blood, and I saw before me the mangled bodies of my brother and sisters. Their cold lifeless eyes staring into nothing. The cries of my mother echoing into the back ground.

The slice of a silver jagged blade, and to sound of metal hitting flesh, and cries of pain pounded my ear drums.