Ruqayyah bint Muhammad

Aslamo alaikum everyone. I know is been long time seance I updated I was sick blues to much school work....
Anyway by the request of a great friend of mind Aisha0078 I think she doesn't even remember when she asked to write about Ruqayyah. Anyway make sure to drop by and read her amazing books. I hope you enjoy reading this.

Ruqayyah bint Muhammad (Arabic: رقية بنت محمد‎‎, Ruqayyah bint Muḥammad) (c.601 - 624) is regarded as the daughter of  prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Khadija.

Born 601 CE
Mecca, Hejaz, ArabiaDiedMarch,
Died  624 CE (aged 23)
Medina, Hejaz, Arabia
Spouse(s)Uthman ibn AffanParents
Parents Muhammad (father)Khadija bint Khuwaylid (mother)

Ruqayyah was born after her sister Zaynab. She was also a source of happiness for her noble parents. Soon afterwards, Umm Kulthoom was born, and both of them grew together as if they were twins. Their closeness to one another greatly increased especially since their eldest sister, Zaynab had married and moved to her matrimonial home. They then became ever more closed and more attached to each other. It is as if both of them had been destined for the same fate from the beginning to the end. The books of Seerah testified to this unique closeness that was between them, for, all historical narrations agreed on the fact that the two noble sisters – Ruqayyah and Umm Kulthoom – shared almost everything in common.

Both her and her sister Ummu Kulthoom(RadiyAllaahu ‘anhumaa) were married to the sons of Abu Lahab, ‘Utaybah and ‘Utbah respectively. It was true that Abu Lahab was a bitter enemy of his nephew, but divorcing the two women was considered a shameful act at that time. Thus when the Quraish asked this of him, Abu Lahab hesitated and remained silent. They suspected what was going on in his mind, so they left him to the devices of his wife, Umm Jameel bint Harb, who was carrying the banner of animosity against Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu ‘Alaihi wa Sallam) and his religion. As soon as Umm Jameel rebuked her husband for his delay in carrying out the plan, he immediately submitted and forgot all the noble motives of preserving blood ties. Umm Jameel called her sons and said to them, “Listen to what the elders of your tribe want to tell you.” They said, “We hear and obey.”

Though the marriage had not yet been consummated, the two young ladies returned to their father’s house with great distress and sorrow. Abu Lahab and his wife, the wood-carrier, did not stop at bothering of the Muslims and harming them; they also extremely hurt Prophet of Allah (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam).

“The era of sleep is over, O Khadeejah!” Prophet of Allah (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) announced to his loving and sincere wife. The vicious attack against him and his Companions had been intensified, especially against the weak ones. In fact, the two young ladies felt a fundamental change in the house. Their house was now surrounded with cruelty from all angles. It had become the main target of persectition, torment and mocking. These two ladies endured the situation with their parents, doing so as an act of worship for Allah. They bore it with perseverance, in the cause of Allah, pains, hardship and sacrifice. And they were refined
by this tribulation.

Allah later replaced both girls with two righteous husbands. He married Ruqayyah to ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan (RadiyAllaahu ‘anhu) one of the ten promised Jannah (al-‘Asharah Mubashsharah).
‘Uthman was one of the most gracious Quraysh youths in terms of lineage, prestige and wealth.

The Quraysh mothers had a well-known lullaby they sung for their children. The lullaby revolved around ‘Uthmaan. It means: “By Allah, I love you as the Quraysh love ‘Uthmaan”. But when the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) gave his daughter, Ruqayyah to ‘Uthmaan in marriage the lullaby changed to what means: “The best two persons who met each other were Ruqayyah and her husband, ‘Uthmaan”. It was a traditional song that was on every tongue that was free of malice and hatred and uttered nothing but the truth.