"There you go". He whispered and I found myself leaning against the caress but it still didn't stop my mind from nagging.

"I need..."

"I know what you need and I'll get it for you. First let's get some breakfast and then we'll do whatever you want". He pecked my on the cheeks, leaving a behind a tingly mark."Okay?" He asked in reassurance and I nodded.

"Okay."

He slowly turned me around and just gazed at me, his eyes unreadable. "You're even more beautiful in the morning". He mumbled and I knew my cheeks stained pink.

He chuckled and loosed me, leaving me there to watching his broad retreating back as he grabbed some sweatpants and pulled it on without underwear. My eyes widened and I shifted my gaze away.

He snorted."You're so cute". And if it was even possible my face got even more hotter.

"Follow me". He said with one last glance and lead the way to a large open kitchen with sleek black cupboards and other kitchen items, the big red rose planted in a base on the black kitchen table was what captured it all. It was exactly what I would do if I was to design his home.

"Your home is beautiful." I said politely and he glanced over his shoulder and smiled.

"Thank you". He went to the fridge and gazed inside for a couple of seconds. "What do you want to eat?"

"Oh nothing, I'm not hungry". I lied and planted my butt in the leather chair, only to have my stomach growl loud in protest.

He looked over his shoulder again and raised an eyebrow."Meat okay for you?" He asked finally and I nodded, ducking m head in embarrassment.

Soon enough he got started on eggs, bacon and French toast and the room smelled like my mamas kitchen all over again.

I watched as he moved around the kitchen with smooth grace, his back flexing every time he moved and my fingers itched to draw him.

"Soo...erm what do you do..as work I mean?". I filled the silence. I vaguely remembered not finishing the game of twenty questions last night.

"I work as CEO in an architectural firm". My eyes widened and I sat up in my sit.

"Holy crap really?"

He chuckled in amusement and flipped the bacon. "Yeah, why is it such a suprise?"

I fumbled with the right words."It's just that's what I want to be doing right now and you...you look like a freaking model or something."

He snorted out a laugh."A model! I'm way too old to be a model, kid."

My eyes narrowed at the word 'kid' but I chose to dismiss it. "How old are you?" My mom always said it was rude to ask people their age but I needed to make sure I didn't give my virginity to a 45 year old man. Not that there's anything wrong with them.

"Hmm...I'm debating whether I should tell you". He mused and faced me. I put on my best pouty puppy dog face and knew the exact moment when he relented.

"Venticinque". His tongue rolled on a perfect Italian accent and I almost melted in my seat. Even though I had no idea what he just said.

"I thought you were from Texas." He gave a one shoulder shrug and turned back around to take two large plates from the cupboard.

"Spent two years in Venice". He said as I it answered all the questions.

"You sound like you're native to it or somehing." He barked out a hard laugh.

"Hardly." He walked over I the fridge and opened it, taking out a bottle of orange juice and a bottle of water."Orange juice, water, or coffee".

"Actually, do you just have plain milk?". I said shyly and he stared at me for a couple seconds, a smirk permanently on his face.

"You're so cute". He said once again and I glared pointly at him. He only chuckled and turn med and raided the fridge for milk, coming out with a small bottle of it.

He dished our foods out and placed it in front of me, the warm smell wafting through my nose and making my mouth salivate."Thanks." I said in apprehension and dug in.

****

"Oh my goodness. I haven't felt so full since last thanksgiving when my aunt grew pumpkins in her backyard". I mumbled and lazily layed back in the leather seat.

"Pumpkins?"

"Uh-huh, she mad sixteen pies and insisted we eat it, to show our thanks." I said and watched as Jason laughed out loud, his face bright an grinning.

"Wow, that something..."

I shrugged and sighed."Well I guess it's time for me to go. Christopher is probably catching a fit right now". I closed my eyes and didn't even move a muscle.

"Who's Christopher?" Jason asked in a weird voice and I peeked opened an eye and smirked.

"My new roommate, when my mom died she left a house for me and in order to live happily without heavy bills, I had to get a roommate". I said my voice low and figured what the hell, i probably wasnt going to see the guy ever again so why not tell him my whole life and purpose. Even though the though of Jason leaving and never coming back made my heart stutter in disappointment. I watched as Jason's faced softened and he rubbed my tummy.

"I'm sorry..about you're mom, but I'm happy you made the decision to come to New York, I think you'll love it." We stared at each other for a minute, none of us saying a word and his blue eyes still unreadable. Finally something shifted and he broke our mingled gaze and stood up, stretching his long muscled body.

"We should probably get going. I have to get to the office". My heart sunk as I realized he was brushing me off and giving me the all famous boot to the ass. I suddenly found the energy and scrambled off the chair.

"Oh, oh right". I fumbled off. "I need my clothes." Realization made its way to his face. "Oh I have it in the bathroom, I'll be right back." And I watch his retreating back as he sauntered to the bathroom.

I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. I thought..I thought we were feeling something. For a moment I saw some type of compassion behind his eyes but it was gone before I could even decipher it.

I guess my brain was right. This was just a one night stand, not a life long fate that would alter my life forever .

****

"So, I'll see you around...sometime". I said as we sat in silence in his car outside of my house.

"Yeah...".He trailed off and I took that as my cue to leave. His looked seemed too distant, like he was pushing or hiding away from me. But what do I know, I was just deflowered last night, didn't mean I was the love expert all of a sudden.

"Yeah." I hopped out the car and the walked to the front of the house and knocked. When I turned back around, the car was gone. Along with a piece of my heart.

"Oh my fucking gosh Riley, you scared the living shit out I me!" I was immediately engulfed in a hug and didn't realize how much I needed it until I felt tear drops slide down my cheeks.

A piece of my heart, my ass.

More like my freaking soul.