Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?

Depuis le début

Korra: "So, you blame those kids for what happened?" I ask softly, he shakes his head.

You: "I blamed myself. After they killed my parents, then my sisters. I met some people who offered me a deal. They would make me powerful enough... To kill the people who did this... I took it. They injected that Titanium stuff into me... It's what made my claws look like what you've seen, and it helped unlock what allows me to heal myself. Do you remember when I told you... about how I destroyed that assassin's brotherhood?" I nod, remembering the night. "I met these people on the way there, that's why I had the power to do it... But they wanted payment... That's when they messed up my head..."

Korra: "So, to recap this. You attacked the kids, your village was destroyed, your... parents..." I say not wanting to explain. "Then, your sisters... After that you got that metal in you and destroyed the brotherhood, then what?"

You: "The vision of Lake Laogai, then I met that doctor we saw at Zaofu and got into it with The Black Lotus, then the vision of me back at where my parents were killed... But, that doctor... Dr. Krauss. Rue Krauss... She's the one who ran the entire thing... All behind the scenes, never showing her face... She's still out there... Waiting to try and kill me again."

Korra POV

I wake up to a loud banging sound coming from outside my window. I feel M/N get up to go see who it is.

???: "M/N!! I am here to fight you for Korra's heart!!" M/N looks back to me with a somewhat shocked look, yet he seemed to be chuckling to himself. He points his thumb towards the window while walking back to me.

You: "Do you have any idea who that would be?" I shake my head no. Then there's a knock at the door. My mom walks in.

Senna: "I'm guessing since you two are up that means you heard him?" We both nod. "M/N, Tonraq said he comes from the Northern Tribe, it's their custom there that if a woman is unwed and a man believes he loves her more than her current mate... He may duel him for her..." What?!

Korra: "No Way!" But I just hear M/N laugh.

You: "Sure, I could use a, well, this probably isn't going to be a good fight... At least not for him." He says while winking at me.

*TIMESKIP*

We are now all right outside my house. I see M/N just laying down in the snow looking up at the sky, while the other man is stretching and warming up for the fight.

Korra: "Uhh, M/N? Don't you think you should, uh, warm up for the fight?" He just laughs at me.

You: "Korra, trust me. This guy won't be a problem." I sigh, he's really confident about this, I've never seen him like this before.

???: "You ready?" M/N sits up and looks at the man.

You: "Been ready for the last 20 minutes dude. And we're fighting yet I don't even know your name?"

???: "It's Bates. Now are you ready to fight or what?" M/N groans and stands.

Senna: "M/N, remember..."

You: "I know I know, go easy on him. I will." Everybody was just counting this guy out already, yet something seemed strange about him. The fight lasts about 2 minutes before the dude's lying on the ground with M/N standing over him. M/N doesn't hurt him anymore though, he just offers his hand to help him up... But...

Tonraq: "What's he doing!?" The man begins to stand as M/N falls to a knee, he looks over to me.

Bates: "Well, I suggest we get to know each other avatar Korra. I've adored you ever since I saw you in the streets of Republic City." This guy was crazy!

Korra: "I'll never do "anything" with you!" He lets go of M/N's hand and starts to walk over to me.

You: "What did you do to me?!" I see M/N on all fours looking to him.

Bates: "I have the ability to take one's powers... I've already obtained waterbending and multiple fighting techniques, but I needed airbending, earthbending, firebending, and I've heard of your healing abilities... And your claws... So I decided to pay you a visit." I see claws that look just like M/N's emerge between each of his knuckles. I see M/N release his too.

You: "So, your just some cheap knock off of the real thing?" Bates turns around to look at M/N.

Bates: "Ahh, right, you can heal yourself. Well, no matter, I'll be sure to make this quick. I would like to spend some time with my future spouse. Although I must apologize in advance Korra, I will have to do the same thing to you as I did to him. I must have your airbending ability." I see M/N remove his jacket and undershirt. He was serious about this. "Well, it seems you have had quite a few run-ins with some awful people, Mr. L/N." M/N's face is back to how I've seen it far too often, angered.

You: "You can't win." Bates just laughs.

Bates: "Oh, I forgot to mention. When I take someone's powers, they double in strength." M/N's eyes widen ever so slightly before returning to how they were.

You: "You have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Bates: "Oh, I'm afraid I do. I saw you fight the spirit known as Vaatu. I know your limits." M/N smirks at him.

You: "I'm a lot different from before..." His eyes begin to glow again. "You have no idea what you've gotten involved in... Bates Knotley." He takes a step back in shock.

Bates: "How do you know that!"

You: "Because, your father had the same ability."

Bates: "You!! You were the one who killed my father!?"

You: "Zagan tried to kill me first, now, I think it's time you suffered the same fate as your father." M/N? He's back to how he was when I first met him. He hasn't been this vicious since Zaheer... Who is this man? They run at each other, each landing blows to each other, whether it be by bending or with their claws. It went back and forth for some time before I could see Bates begin to tire.

You: "Gettin' tired?" I hear M/N say, he didn't even look short of breath.

Bates: "It doesn't matter, I have your healing abilities, you can't beat me." But as soon as he finishes a hand appears from behind him, it sinks a small needle into his neck. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is... It was deadly, Bates falls almost immediately.

You: "What?" I look over to see a middle-aged woman standing there. "What are you doing here!?" M/N yells at her.

Korra: "M/N? who is this?"

???: "M/N, please. I'm here to help. I need your help... And you need mine."