Absence

Yay!!! New post make me happy.

Happy reading

Love
NJ KUHR
XOXO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day finally arrived when the men would return. We had finished breakfast a few hours earlier and had started on our chores. Both Emmeline and I were anxious, awaiting word when a sentry came running into the courtyard. The King's Charge had arrived in the north pass, the sentry had seen them coming and tore off for the Keep. They would be arriving within the hour. Emmeline and I shared an excited look and then both rushed to get everything ready for their arrival.

The kitchens thrown into chaos prepared for a late luncheon. The house was in an uproar getting blankets and beds prepared. The stables needed restocked so the riders could attend to their horses. We had been preparing for it all week but the impending arrival sent everyone into motion. People were running this way and that, rushing to boil crofts of water to prepare for the multitude of baths. Clory and I were up in Emory's rooms getting his washroom ready with soap and bath linens. His bed turned and I was ironing one of his courtly attires so he could be presentable.

Clory had me change into one of the few gowns I hadn't worn yet. It was a beautiful rich pearl so luxurious it shimmered. I hadn't dared wear it for fear I would stain or catch the silk on something while I was tending to my chores.

The skirt was light, and flowed over my hips and down to me feet where it skimmed the floor. The sleeves hung off my shoulders leaving them bare. They trailed down past my hands where the seams opened up at my knuckles. The underside of each sleeve continued down towards my knees. I could use my hands but if I raised my arms they drifted down.

The bodice was simple. Not the firm stiffness of a corset but was still shaped to fit my torso. It allowed for a feminine yet proper display of my bust. There were crisscrossing stays over my breast. The fabric over my abdomen a solid flat surface accented my slim waist. I tied the stays loose but enough that my cleavage wasn't showing.

Clory grabbed me and bid me to sit down so she could address my hair and freshen me up for when Emory first saw me. She took great pride in my appearance and wanted to make sure I was looking my best when we were reunited.

"I could be wearing a sheet for all he's going to care when he gets here." I protested.

"No, my Lady. Though he'll have in you sheets by the time he's done with you. I'll not have his first sight of you be anything less than irresistible."

I threw my head laughing at the ceiling. "My darling Clory, I had no idea you were so invested in our relationship."

She kissed my cheek. "Of course, my Lady. Your happiness makes me glad. Prince Emory has always been cheerful but seeing the two of you together warms my heart."

I reached up and grabbed her hand. "Thank you."

She smiled at me. "Now, let's go warm Emory's heart and get his blood flowing."

I blushed at her suggestion and we both giggled.

We could hear them coming before we saw them. The city was cheering and calling out to the precession. I could hear young girls screaming at Emory and Warin. I caught Emmeline's eye and we both rolled our own up towards the sky.

I wasn't jealous, though some of the young women were more forward than I liked. I had never felt the least bit concerned about his faithfulness. Emory was a loyal, honest man but regardless of his character he loves me. The way he felt about me and treated me was enough to prevent any doubt or insecurities. His devotion to me and the happiness and joy he expressed being with me wasn't something he hid. Everyone could see he never entertained the idea of being with anyone else.