Chapter 4

"What!" Amberleaf screeched, Why war?" Amberleaf questioned Fernstar.

"Because, none of the other leaders offered to share any of their territory. Instead, they completely refused it! And we can't just make territory in this area." Fernstar replied, her tail twitching.

"So what do you plan on doing?" Amberleaf asked.

"I was thinking of taking the backside of Thunderclan's territory." Fernstar's eyes narrowed.

"But how and when?" Amberleaf queried, "And anyway do you think Starclan would approve? We follow the Warrior code just like everyone else, we need to respect that."

Fernstar's eyes were brimmed with rage, she stepped forward closer to Amberleafs muzzle, "The Warrior code doesn't matter when we have no territory! Starclan promised us territory, and they haven't given us any territory, so we will have to take it. And maybe that's what Starclan wants us to do! To prove to the other Clans that we are a Clan!" Fernstar whipped away from Amberleaf and padded over to where Dewfrost was basking in the sun next to Prinkleleap, on the rock.

"Dewfrost may I speak with you please...privately."

"Sure, Fernstar." He replied. They padded over to a small tree, climbing up into the lowest branch perched above the grassy marsh, away from camp, "So what do you plan on doing about...you know, getting us territory?" Dewfrost cocked his head.

Fernstar stared off into the distance, "Well I was thinking of taking the backside of Thunderclan territory, Bramblestar did say there was prey there and undergrowth. Anyway it isn't originally Thunderclan's territory." She lowered her voice, "I was thinking of attacking to take it in two sunrises, so we can get ready and strengthened." Fernstar turned her attention back to Dewfrost.

"Are you sure about this Fernstar?" Dewfrost glanced doubtfully at his daughter. "It seems like a big risk."

"Yes, I am sure. We have to take those kind of risks for SkyClan to have a chance to survive."

"Alright, I can see why we would do this. So I agree."

Even though he had agreed, Fernstar could still see the worry on his petite cream face.

"Good. Now let's go make the announcement." She sighed, "Let's try not to get everyone worked up." She leaped down from the low branch waving her tail, beckoning for Dewfrost to follow.

"Let all cats old enough to climb trees, gather around to listen!" Fernstar yowled. She stood straight as everyone started to gather around her, murmuring amongst each other. She gazed around as Amberleaf appeared from the longer grass, Seedpaw from hunting, Prinkleleap and Reedthicket from a another hunting patrol along with Windwhisp, Duskpeak, Leafpaw, Finsplash, Parsleyseed, Doestep, Waspwhisker, and lastly Tigerlily who was holding a vole tightly in her jaws.

"I have an announcement." Fernstar declared, "I had a meeting with the other leaders, and sadly none of them accepted to share their territory."

"What?"

"Wha- what do you mean?"

"That's ridiculous!"

"What's going to happen to us?" Some of the SkyClan cats started to growl.

"I have a plan, but it is a risky one, but as you all know we must take risks to get what Starclan promised us. It isn't always going to be eating fresh-kill under the moonlight.

"My plan is to take the backside of Thunderclan territory. Bramblestar mentioned it wasn't part of the original area they first marked out." Fernstar raised her voice.