On Her Own

Only God knows how big this building was and how much of it we had actually been through. We had used a machine of a sorts to escape a large group of Ganados, and yet we were still inside the building. Then we had crashed through a wall due to Ashley having lost control of the machine. Still, we were inside. On the other side of the wall was, could you believe it, another door.

"We have to be close to the outside. There is no way we could be still be in here. This place can't be that big," I heard Ashley speak to herself. She looked petrified. 

"It will be just fine," I tried to reassure not only her, but myself as well. My outward appearance may have seemed unaffected, but inside I was screaming.

"Come on girls. Gotta keep going," Leon said. Even he sounded frustrated. I took in a shaky breath before pushing the door open myself.

Immediately I wished we had found another way to go.

"I can feel them, growing inside you," the voice of Saddler rang throughout the room.

"Saddler!" Leon shouted. He bolted at the man before suddenly falling to his knees and groaning in anguish. I looked at Saddler and saw that one of his hands was raised toward Leon. Saddler was controlling him. Then Ashley was out under his control. She started walking toward Saddler slowly. I caught sight of her eyes. They had turned red. I was grounded in place, unsure of what to do. I knew I could not break the control Saddler had on Leon or Ashley. I knew Saddler was far stronger than I was and any attempt to do anything would more than likely lead to my death. I knew I could not do anything.

Minutes later Ashley was gone once more. Saddler had escaped again too. It was as if we were trapped in a never ending loop. 

I finally moved from my spot, running to Leon. He was coughing furiously and trying to get to his feet. I took hold of his arm gently and assisted him in standing. As I did, I noticed blood on the floor and on Leon's hands. He was getting so much worse.

"How are we going to find Ashley now?" I asked as soon as Leon could stand on his own.

"I managed to bug her before she got away. I'll be able to track her that way," Leon said breathlessly. 

"What do you mean 'I'? I am going with you of course," I said.

"I've put you in way too much danger since we met. You need to find a way off this island. I'm willing to bet that Saddler is going to send most, if not all, of the Ganados after me. You'll be safer away from me."

"But-"

"Amor, don't argue with me now," Leon ordered. "Take this." He handed me the knife I had dropped in the castle.

"I-" I paused. "Good luck Leon. We will see each other again, no?"

"I hope so. Be careful Princess."

And once again I was on my own.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Here's an update! Sorry it's so late. I've been going through some stuff and haven't had much ambition to write. I have a lot of misgivings about this chapter; I just don't like it much. I suppose it could be worse though. We're getting very close to the end now. I can't promise when I'll update, but believe me, this will end up a finished story!

Until next time!