Life in Saw-tooth Forest

(Three and a half years later) Beatrice's POV

"Where do you think you're going Beatrice?" the spirit asks as I try to sneak out of my den unattended.

"To the stream" I tell him.

"You know you can't go off on your own, you are blind Beatrice" he reminds me.

"I know the way to the stream like I know my way around my den. I'll be fine" I snap annoyed at his babying. All my life I've never left this den without a forest resident with me. Whether it be the owl, a deer or a racoon. Spirit protects me from the threats outside the forest and is always there for me. When I get hurt, lost or in danger.

"No, Robin will go with you" Spirit states.

"You called my lord" Robin says as he appears in front of the pair. Robin is a racoon with a family of his own. But is always happy to help out the great spirit of the forest.

"Yes Beatrice wishes to go to the stream take her there and then return her here. To the den" the spirit instructs.

"Of course, follow me Trixie" Robin says and I follow grumbling under my breath.

"You'd think I was still a pup with the way he treats me" I tell Robin.

"He cares about you Trixie" Robin reminds her.

"I know, but if I wasn't blind he wouldn't be so protective" I state as we reach the stream. I lay down next to the stream with my front paws in the cool water. I listen to the running water and nature around me, it was so peaceful. "This is so relaxing" I say and take a drink of water.

"I caught you two fishes Trixie" Robin states placing them beside me.

"Thanks Robin, how's your family?" I ask as I start to eat the first fish.

"They are well, the kids miss you though" Robin states. "They are turning into good foragers" he adds. I smile and start the final fish.

"Perhaps I can come visit now" I suggest.

"But I promised the spirit I'd have you back after we were done with the stream" Robin reminds me.

"So? It wouldn't be the first time, we took a detour" I say smiling.

"I think I've been a bad influence on you princess" Robin states. "Let's go" he tells me and we start our journey to his tree. When get there I am tackled by many little bodies.

"Trixie we missed you!" Robin's four kids cheer as I laugh. I hear Robin greeting his mate Alexa. I wish I had a mate, not that I'm lonely. I have many friends and the spirit for company. Just wish I had someone who loved me unconditionally and saw me as an equal.

I spend an hour with Robin's family catching up. Even ate a few berries before Robin said it was time we should go home. So I say goodbye and Robin starts to lead me home when Naughty appears. "I have come to escort you home princess, I'd lay low Robin. The spirit is not pleased at you keeping her out for so long" he states.

"I was fine Naughty" I grumble as he lands on my back. Robin says goodbye before returning to his family. Naughty guides me home and I enter my warm den smelling fire. I lay down beside it curling up.

"Thank you, Naughty you may leave" Spirit states and I hear Naughty fly away. "What happened to coming straight home?" he asks me annoyed.

"Robin's kids had missed me, so we decided to take a detour to see them" I explain. He sighs and I feel his presence surround me. "I'm sorry for worrying you" I tell him.

"Just sleep my dear Beatrice, something important will happen tomorrow" he tells me. I wanted to ask him, but know he wouldn't tell me. So I lay my head down curling into ball with him still around me.

"Goodnight Spirit" I say closing my eyes as I hear him hum in reply. I fall into a peaceful sleep like every night. This time dreaming of having a mate of my own.

A/N

Picture above of Beatrice now as an adult and picture on the external link of the forest. Video above of the sound of the forest.