*Chapter 3: Setting a Routine?

Snow woke up in the morning to have all seven boys surrounding her yet again. They looked sleepy, their hair all tussled and clothes all wrinkled. Nick hadn't even put on his glasses, and Merlin had on some bunny slippers to Snow's great amusement.

"What can I do for you now boys?" Snow asked, stretching on the couch and rubbing her eyes.
"We have to go soon." Jameson said, yawning.
"Can you make us breakfast?" Zane asked. 

Snow gazed up at his face, then at the clock. 5:15, way to early to actually be functioning enough to cook. "Why?"

"Because you can cook... Can't you?" Alex questioned.
"Of course I can cook!" Snow exclaimed, offended.
"Then make us some breakfast," JC demanded. 

Snow glared at him. Did they think just because she was a female she would automatically be cooking everything? She had learned to cook from world renowned chefs, but who said she wanted to waste her outstanding cooking talent on these boys? He looked calmly at her as if reading her thoughts. "Please. It's the least you could after we let you stay the night," he finely said.
She was about to refuse again but then her stomach gave a loud growel and his logic made sense.
Snow, delivering him a sarcastically sweet smiled and threw off her blankets, pushing past the boys and into the kitchen where she started making pancakes for an army.

M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M * M *M * M * M * M * M

Zane, Alex, Nicholas, Jameson, Merlin, Lucas, and JC all walked out of their humble abode, waving goodbye to Snow who was standing, shivering, in the doorway.
"What time will you be back?" she called out. Merlin turned around. "So I can make dinner." 

Merlin looked at the other boys who gave him a cautious look. "Don't wait up Snow, we'll be back late." He called and trotted up to his brother. 

"You're lucky she trusts you bro." Zane said, clamping a hand on his shoulder.
"She trusts all of us. I think..." Merlin commented. 

JC snickered. "Yeah right." He flexed his fingers, and continued walking.
"Well, I mean, she hasn't said so otherwise," Merlin answered naively with a blush.
"Dude." Merlin looked at Lucas who was frowning in his direction. "Don't get that close to her."
"She's a princess." Jameson added.
"She's a guest." Alex piped up.
"She's our responsibility." Zander said last. Everyone looked at him. "I was in town last night." JC turned around and his eyes blazed in anger at Zander. He knew the rules; no one goes into town unless necessary. "No one goes out at night, calm down," Zander said cooly to JC. "Anyways, Queen Penelope has a very high price for that girl's heart."
"You mean she wants her dead," Nicholas said.
"No. She literally wants Snow Whites heart on a gleaming silver platter."

The boys were silent as they walked deeper into the snow-covered forest. "Should we change-" Merlin started, but JC held up a hand.
"We split today. Zane you're with me. Alex, Luke, Nick; Jameson and Merlin. We'll meet at the clearing at midnight."
"Where we found Snow?" Zane asked. 

JC turned around. "Yes."
They all changed and took off running in different directions. JC took off sprinting and Zane followed closely behind, pumping his legs to keep up with his fast pace. When they finally stopped near the edge of town, they changed back again and Zane leaned over, breathing heavily.
"Dude are you okay? You seem a little more upset than normal over Snow being here." Zane asked with lingering concern. He would never call himself JC's best friend, JC would strangle him if the words ever left his lips, but of all seven of them, JC leaned the most towards Zane in terms of a brother.
JC shrugged. "She's a rather large liability at the moment. We're literally harboring a fugitive. The Queen will kill us without thinking twice if she knows we have her."
Zane gave a curt laugh. "Since when do you care about being careful?" Zane ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Besides, it'd be hard for her to find the house. I can't even count the number of spells we put up around it. It's still a wonder to me Snow managed to find it."
JC picked at the cuff of his jacket. "She touched the willow and it let her in."
Zane's eyes widened. The willow was a symbol to them; it's how they marked their territory. The willow near their house was the first set of precaution to block their house from unwanted visitors. If you touched it and the willow deemed you worthy enough, it would show you the way to the house. But the boys had made it nearly impossible for that to happen. They didn't have much magic, but the power they did have was enough.
"What... I mean... How?"
JC shrugged and started walking again. "I don't know." He stopped and turned around. "Are you coming or what?"
Zane rolled his eye at the obvious change in conversation. He had gotten used to his friend's cryptic attitude over time. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming."