November 2017

Woohoo! This is it! Our official Prompt Writing Challenge is officially live!

*all the squeeing*

As you know, this challenge is entirely based on every writers biggest fear - not having an idea! Beyond the writers block, the timing, the scheduling, the worst thing about writing is when you want to write, but just dont have an idea that makes you want to sit down and pour out your soul.

Well, we here at Romance Sparks are going to help you fix that!

Each month, we will post a new and exciting prompt to get those creative juices flowing! And the best part? You only have to take part in the ones that interest you! There is no pressure, no obligation, and it is all for fun. 

You can write any length of story, any subgenre (although we prefer them to be romance based, but you can add fantasy, paranormal, horror to them as well), and any twist you want. Want to make it a poem? Sure! Not feeling the novel length but have a great idea for a short? Perfect! A non fiction memory or life experience trigger by the prompt? Share it with us!

We are so excited to host this latest initiative, and can't wait to see what you guys come up with! Our Wednesday night chats will be replaced with mini 30 minute progress updates, check ins and friendly banter, before 30 minute writing sprints to work on your story!

It is all to get us writing!

So...want to know our first prompt? Of course you do!

We've all had a moment or two (or a hundred) of wishful thinking

We've all had a moment or two (or a hundred) of wishful thinking. Maybe about a lover, that cute boy in study hall, or an elusive book deal for your awesome romance novel! The possibilities are endless, which is why we are kicking of the challenge with it!

Think of an instance of wishful thinking, a wish you have, or anything the prompt inspires, and write your little hearts out!

Remember if you decide not to take part in this prompt, that is totally fine! But cheer each other on, check in on the chats on Wednesdays, and follow along with all the fun! The entire purpose of this is to inspire, support and get us all writing, so let's go!