Chapter 44- Finally Got What She Deserved.

Start from the beginning

"Sherlock..." Lestrade sighed in an exasperated tone.

I stared at Lestrade and crossed my arms. "The scream..." I stated under my breath and then glanced over my shoulder at Sherlock.

Lestrade looked over at me and nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

"Who was it? Donovan?" Sherlock queried knowingly and stepped closer to Lestrade.

I pulled my lips into a thin line and glared at nothing in particular. "I bet it was Donovan." I seethed through gritted teeth.

"Am I somehow responsible for the kidnapping?" Sherlock continued and then looked down at me as my phone started buzzing again but I chose to ignore it. "Ah, Moriarty is smart. He planted that doubt in her head, that little nagging sensation. You're going to have to be strong to resist. You can't kill an idea, can you? Not once it's made a home..." Sherlock reached forward and tapped a finger lightly on Lestrade's forehead. "...there."

I stared at Sherlock and the feeling of dread swarmed my mind. Not doubt, never doubt. I could never doubt Sherlock. While this was happening I rolled my eyes and stared down at the caller ID on my phone once again. Scott. Three times in one evening. I couldn't help but think something important must have happened.

But I declined the call again since what was going on in my life was much more significant.

"Will you come?" Lestrade asked and I had to sigh at how he hadn't understood what Sherlock had just said.

Sherlock just turned away and sat back down behind his laptop. "One photograph, that's his next move. Moriarty's game, first the scream, then a photograph of me being taken in for questioning. He wants to destroy me inch by inch." He looked up at me from his seat and I squirmed under his gaze before turning my head away to look at John instead. "It is a game, Lestrade, and not one I'm willing to play." Sherlock was now staring into the camera. "Give my regards to Sergeant Donovan."

Lestrade looked at me and then John before sighing and walking down the stairs in a huff. I shared a look with John, who had gone over to the right window, and then I walked to stand behind Sherlock as he pressed a button on the camera so an image appeared on his laptop screen. The image showed both myself and Sherlock as I leant over his shoulder.

"He'll be deciding." Sherlock stated and I stood up straight with my arms still crossed.

John frowned and then questioned, "Deciding?"

"Whether to come back with a warrant and arrest him." I answered simply and stared at John sadly.

In reply he just quirked an eyebrow up and queried, "You think?"

I shrugged limply and stepped away from Sherlock to stare at were the camera used to be. "It's standard procedure." I replied and glared at the bookshelf before turning back around.

"Should have gone with him. People'll think..." John started to say and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't care what people think." Sherlock interrupted him and I gestured at Sherlock with my hand.

The buzzing erupted from my pocket again and I took it out to see it was him again. With a huff I declined the call again and put the phone back in my pocket with both Sherlock and John staring over at me.

"You'd care if they thought you were stupid, or wrong." John argued with Sherlock and I could hear the anger in his tone.

Sherlock didn't look up from typing on his laptop as he retorted, "No, that would make them stupid or wrong."

With anger on his face John turned to Sherlock and argued, "Sherlock, I don't want the world believing you're..." He stopped speaking and looked between the pair of us.