Chapter 18- Hello Darkness My Old Friend...

A/N- Quite a long one again, sorry this took a while I read it over and decided I needed to re-word some stuff... not fully edited yet. Enjoy xx

~~~~

Sherlock's POV

"I can't believe she turned down the chance to be a secret agent." John said again and shook his head, looking down at his laptop.

I took a breath and rolled my eyes. "I can. Why would she want to work for the people Mycroft deal with?"

John sighed and looked over at Darcy's sleeping form on the sofa. "To earn money. It's a job, isn't it?"

"She has standards, John." I said pointedly and quirked a slight smile. John merely nodded and went back to his laptop. "Moriarty threatened her John, that's why she acted the way she did at the pool." I told him, as much as I was sure that Darcy didn't want him to know I knew he needed to.

Especially if things were to go back to how they were.

John frowned at me, the light from his laptop making shadows across his face. "So, everything he said about how they know each other was a lie?"

"Possibly. He could have fabricated the truth a little but I know she doesn't work for him. Irene Adler, though? Maybe." I answered and steepled my fingers underneath my chin. "By making us think she did, it made us question everything about her. It's all about trust. Whether messing with her was a game meant for us or Darcy, I have no idea."

John nodded slowly and rested his elbow on the arm of his chair. "What if she wasn't part of the plan initially?" I tilted my head and frowned. John sat up and clarified, "Obviously, he knows her in some way and maybe he hadn't planned for her to be involved."

"Yes, and?" I questioned and put my hands out.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I don't know, what if he did all that to try and get her away from us?"

"If you're suggesting that Moriarty has some form of sentiment towards her I think you're highly mistaken." I stated and steepled my fingers once again. "No, I think it's more likely he was using her to get to me."

John gave me blank look before asking, "And did he?"

"Did he what?" I frowned and tapped my fingers together.

"Get to you." John said and lowered his laptop screen slightly, sitting back in his seat.

I was about to answer, about to say that it was a possibility but before I could say one word the sound of a phone echoed throughout the flat. I knew it wasn't mine, for obvious reasons. But I knew who's it was when a light emitted from a pile of fabric on the floor, that just so happened to be my dressing gown.

It was Darcy's.

I traipsed over and was about to pick up the phone but John's voice stopped me from doing so. "Don't do that, come on, Sherlock. Let her have her privacy for a bit, if she wanted us to know who was texting her she'd tell us."

"What if it's Irene Adler giving orders for her to carry out, or even worse Moriarty?" I told him sternly.

John gave up trying to sway me and shook his head, putting his laptop screen back up and typing again. I picked up the phone and clicked a button, the screen lit up in my face and on the screen it read...

1 New Message
From: Scott

"Scott?" I said quietly to myself.

Male, Obviously. First Name Basis- Scott. No Surname.
Dick.
No, Focus- She Met With A Boy Today And Has His Jacket. Is That Scott?