4.Homies

"Hey!"
"Hello! " I reply to the voice . I am outside my house on a Saturday morning , waiting for my friends. We are going to the cinema to watch a movie. I have about five friends from the estate. Am not sure now, cause maybe they have added some guys to our crew

The first one is Gerry. People say we look a like. But I don't see any resemblance actually . Anyway he is a funny guy.

His best friend is Antony. We call him A. N. T. Well mostly me. But he doesn't like it. He always gets angry. They have been in the estate since he was born. Yeah just like me.

The third guy is, Jason. He lives just opposite our house. He is a chubby guy, with curly hair. He likes eating and talking about food. I don't blame him . His life is just food oriented.

Mary, is A. N. T 's girlfriend so she is part of the crew. I really don't talk to her. Because am not the friendliest person in the world. Am shy, so I don't talk to people until they talk to me. Yes I know am very weird.

The last member is, Lucy. She lives near Gerry .I also think she likes him. The way she stares at him when we are together. But I don't think the feeling is mutual . I feel sorry for her. Just a bit. But maybe they are dating now. I also don't talk to her a lot anyway. But she is besties with Mary.

" Look at you! Haven't seen you in a while. How's the going? " Gerry says squeezing himself to sit next to me on our front porch. I gladly move for him. I have been waiting for them to arrive.

But to my surprise its only Gerry who is here. I'm not complaining actually. Gerry and I get along pretty well. Am sure we are going for the others .

"Am good. Where are the others? I have missed them." I say smiling at him.

" They went ahead. I came to pick you up. We are going to walk. Are you ready? " Gerry says. He is smiling at me. He is so cute anyway we are just friends. And I like it that way.

We are going to walk! I like walking but today I didn't feel like doing so. Anyway, at least I have him around, we can story tell along the way. That's why he is my ' dude' friend. I wink at myself, well virtually.

I left a note on the fridge to let my dad know am out once he comes back from his run.

Everyone in the crew knows about my family . And how my mother died. It has been a while, since I hanged out with them, after my family incident. So I hope nothing has changed with them.

Maybe Lucy had a chance with my dude Gerry. I'll be happy for them.
No you won't be.

Stupid conscious , always telling a lie.

Why am I even thinking about it?
One year is a long time. Am sure something interesting has happened.
" How are guys? Anything new about the crew? " I ask as we are walk along the road.

" Mmm! Yeah. We have a new member. A girl called Iris. They just moved into the estate. Near Antony's house." Wait I know that name. That's Alia's sister.

What! They live in the estate! But Alia lived in another estate. Maybe they moved. But she didn't tell me

" When did they move in? " curiosity will kill me one day.

"On Friday , I guess. Yeah yesterday. Do you know them? Or her?" he asks looking curious. Of course I knew her. Or maybe its not her.

"No I don't actually. You know lately I haven't been going out a lot. Just been minding my own business in the house and at school. " I say, trying as much as possible not to sound sad.

" Yeah everyone noticed that. But we are glad you are back. I actually missed you. Which reminds me, you didn't even hug this 'dude'." he say smiling widening his arms to come in for a hug

Of course yes! I will hug him. He is my friend and I missed him a lot. I draw in for a hug. Awww, this is so good . Actually am to blame for all this.

After my mom's and Shane's death, I locked myself in. I didn't want anybody apart from Alia.

I didn't want to talk to anyone else. I would go to school back home and lock myself in. Maybe call Alia to come with pizza or just read books. I was transformed into an introvert . I made myself one.

I got even better grades, I was a complete nerd. But when the year began I decided to let myself go a bit. Have fun while am still in high school.

" I'm going to choke now if you don't let go, " I here Gerry's voice. I hadn't noticed that I was still hugging him. I was thinking too much. I then let him go.

" Sorry, just missed my 'dude' so much, " I say teasing him. Well that was a good lie.

" Who are you dating now? Did you and Lucy hook up? Eeee... " I say slightly pushing him to the side. I am teasing him.

" Well, we did. I think I like her. She's nice." he says looking rather uninterested.

"What do you mean think? That girl likes you. Well I remember she does." I say.

"I do like her. She is nice. How about you are you dating? " he asks me.

Well, am not dating. Am not planning too. My dad always tells me 'wait for the right person and it will feel right'. I love my dad and he knows whats right.

"No. Actually I don't plan to. " I say.
As we walk we chat about school. Come to realise its been a really long time since I bonded with him.

I forgot how funny and corky he can be at the same time. When I was little we used to play a lot of games in the estate.

"By the way, can you ride a bicycle ? Cause I can remember that you didn't know how to. Even after we tried to teach you like a million times." Gerry is laughing so hard.

Yeah , I can't ride a bicycle. Not because I don't have one. Because I just couldn't. My dad, my mom and even my friends tried to teach me but I was unteachable.
I still am.

Am so embarrassed. I am going to turn red as a tomato know. The little things in life are the ones I can't do. Like riding a bicycle. Even a ten year old can ride a bicycle. Just shows how my life sucks.

" We are here now, " I look in front of me. Am very sure this is not the cinema hall. So we are not at the cinema. Or is it just my lack of outside life that makes it weird.

" But this isn't the cinema hall, Gerry. Am pretty sure, even though I've not been around. Plus... " I don't even finish my statement , when a grey sports car pulls up in front of us.

" Hey, am I late? " I can hear a male's voice saying. To be precise its A. N. T's voice. I didn't know he was already the age of driving. This just shows how young I am.

" No you are never late, " Gerry says while doing their shoulder bump greeting.

" Cooky, have I missed you. How are you? " he says. The last person I expected to miss me was him.

He always got angry when I called A. N. T. But anyway we are still friends.

" Me too. " I say hugging him. I don't mention his car. I don't want him to start explaining how he got it. He'll just tell me a big made up one as usual like he does.

" So lets go, " he says. We all get into the car and we are off to the cinema.

In the car we chat. Mostly its Gerry and A. N. T talking. I just comment when necessary. Hey don't judge me, am just very shy.

Author's note
Hey, thanks for reading.
Please vote for the story. Please please...
Insta: ibaeblack