1. Newbies.

"There they come." I said over the pretty butterflies in my stomach. Its like am the one getting admitted into high school. "Who are coming? " my friend Alia asks as if she cant see them.

I slap my hand on my forehead. She really didn't look interested. " The newbies,duh!"

"ohhhh! Yeah, didn't see that coming," she said looking rather bored. Why was she pulling that face on me? It was the first day of the newbies and we the senior got to pick one so that you can show her the around the school.

Almost forgot, sorry, am Cooky. This is luster high school. Am in my fourth year almost finishing , yay, my heart always does a small dance when i remember that. Today is rather sunny. My friend ,Alia, and I are hanging out, waiting for all the newbies to arrive.

I can't wait to meet them, although am kinda shy I wont talk to most of them. Alia is the talkative one, well, she is a Muslim so she gets a lot of attention, since she's among the few in our school.

"Am going to say hi," I  say jumping up and down like a child. But the expression on her face makes me shudder.

"What's wrong with you today? Aren't you happy the newbies are here?"

She sends me a side smirk and says"I am. Who isn't? " 

She then rolled her eyes to the side. My mind almost exploded, what did she just do to me.
Being a good friend I ignored that." Okay, then lets go say hey, "

I start pulling her down the flight of stairs. I never new she was this heavy, i was struggling to make her move an inch. But she was just a slender shape like mine, we are almost twins i should say.

"NO!... Please don't make me go say hi. " she said like she wanted to break into tears. "Why? We can make new friends. Maybe there is a new Muslim. Please lets go. Please ...with cherry sprinkles on top," am seriously trying to pull my puppy eyes face right now.

Why is she being so difficult today? Normally just one please did the work. Am not going there with out her so ill pull her until she goes with me or i pull out her arm. Of course that cannot happen.

"Okay!  Okay am going . What does it take for you to get to understand a no. Am going just because you are my bestie."
Awww that was so sweet. But seriously today she is acting weird.

As we are reaching the ground floor, the bell goes. What! Time is up, really why is the world so mean. I turn to face Alia just to see a small happy smile dancing on her face." Now you are happy,"

"Yes I am, why shouldn't i? I just saved myself a whole lot of energy. Plus why do you want to say hi to newbies, you are shy, right? " I nod my head in approval but what is she heading to."Yeah , you are famous but the newbies are just newbies. Bye."
She says climbing up the stairs to her class.

Did she just leave me in suspense?Alia and I were in different grades so we had different classes. I was older than her. By only one grade in front of her. She just admitted to me she didn't want to met the newbies. She was always the 'hello am me and you are' girl. Why was she different today?

I look at my watch then look up again,I realise that am the only one in the corridors. I really don't want to get in trouble with the teacher on duty so i rush down the corridors to my class. I make a lot of noise with my leather shoes. In our school everyone has to wear uniform. Its not bad really, it make us look neat and tidy. We also love it makes us stand out from the rest of the other high school.