Prologue: Part 1

You just finished training with the dragon, Melidia, the dragon that raised you and the one who is your mother figure. You put away your metallic (F/C) flute which you always have on you.

"Yay! I finally learnt it! I finally learnt it!" you cheered, jumping up and down, with your arms in the air, an ecstatic ball of joy.
"That's fantastic, (Y/N)! Now come with me, it's time to meet someone," Melidia said with a large friendly grin. "Meet who, Mum? Who are we meeting?" you ask, curiously and with the cutest smile. You were excited, bouncing around faster than before, it had been a while since you met someone new.
"It's a surprise~" she responded. You tilt your head curiously, wondering who you'll meet.
"Okay!" You stop thinking about it for a moment and return a radiant smile to your mum before climbing on her back.
As Melidia spread her wings, ready to fly, you grip on tightly to her large, shiny scales to not fall off but with your small figure, it was rather hard.
You had always loved flying on Melidia's back. You liked the feeling of being high in the sky and the feeling of the wind blowing onto your face. Your (H/L) (H/C) hair shone in the sunlight as it was blown back by the wind. Melidia flew you to a forest, where you saw another huge, red dragon with a scar on the right side of his face. Beside him was a boy with spiky, pink hair and a scaly looking scarf but he soon wandered off.
Melidia landed in an open space, and you cautiously descended.
"It's good to see you again, Igneel," Melidia greeted the dragon.
"It's nice to see my comrade and sister-in-arms again-" Igneel stopped talking and looked at you, "Who might this little one be?"
You respectfully bowed to Igneel as that was how you were taught to greet people. "Hello, Mr Igneel, I am (Y/N) (L/N), a Sound Dragon Slayer. Melidia is my mum."
"Please, call me Uncle Igneel," Igneel replied, smiling. He seemed like he was a very nice dragon. "You're nice and polite, unlike my boy," Igneel laughed.
"Hey! What did you say?" The boy with the spiky pink hair asked, annoyed as he walked back over.
"Natsu, come over here and greet our guests," Igneel demanded in a booming voice, making you flinch.
The boy, Natsu also flinched. "Y-yes, sir."
"I am Natsu Dragneel, the son of Igneel and I am a Fire Dragon Slayer," he said with a grin.
Melidia chuckled. "I can see the resemblance between you two."
"I could say the same about you and (Y/N)," Igneel replied.
"You have a cool scarf, Natsu," you said.
"Thanks, Igneel gave it to me. Your flute looks cool!"
"Thanks." You both shook hands.
"It's good to see you two are getting along, as you are now brother and sister." Igneel and Melidia smiled.
"Huh?!" You both exclaim in confusion.
"Brother?" You asked.
"And sister?" Natsu asked.
"You'll get used to it, it won't be that bad," Melidia said.
Ever since then, you accepted each other as siblings and were raised that way, often casually visiting each other and were happy as can be. You and Natsu never let the fact that you weren't actually related get in your way.