CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES

Start from the beginning

Anna's P.O.V

My black homecoming dress sat in front of me, crinkled and a little scuffed from all the running around I've been doing. Archie, Veronica and I searched everywhere for Jughead, Pops twice, his dad's trailer, the construction site, hell even that serpent bar across town. But Jughead is gone, gone with the wind. And I miss him, I want him to understand that I had nothing to do with it that I had no idea. He needs to hear me out, listen to what I have to say, whether he believes me or not.

I couldn't take my eyes off it, the poster in front of me. Black hair, pale skin and a cigarette between her fingertips. Sometimes I think that this poster was a connection between Jughead and I, it was his first gift to me and it wasn't the last. But as I look back onto the last two months all I've done for him is feed him lies and all my drama, I don't deserve him, all I'm doing is twisting the innocent Jughead I've grown to care about and turning him into something he shouldn't be. I want to let him go, but- I can't, I love him. There's no doubt in my mind that I do, I love him and that's why I can't let him go. I can't do that to myself or him.
That might have been what persuaded me to leave my house in the middle of the night, my jacket tight around my body and my jeans loose. I sped along the roads of Riverdale until I arrived at my destination, I stepped out of the car and headed to the bus station. And there he was, inside the phone box a black telephone pressed to his ear. I could see the redness in his nose, the tears that built up in his eyes. His head banged against the glass and he slammed the phone down and hung up. He closed his eyes and cried, I left my car and stood my feeling sliding along the pavement until I stood just meters from the box. His blue orbs opened and his eyes caught mine, his saddened expression didn't change as he looked straight back at me. His hand wrapped around the handle and he opened the door, he slowly and agonisingly walked to me stopping just just in front of me.

"How'd you find me?" He asked as he continued looking into my eyes, "I guess you and I think alike" I shrugged giving him a small smile he didn't return it. His eyes tore from mine and he looked to the ground "are you alright?" I asked stepping closer, his blue eyes flickered up to me "you didn't seem to care when you distracted my dad so Veronica, Archie and Betty could go through my dads trailer" his tone was so bitter and hurt that made my heart broke just a little more. "No, Jughead I didn't know I swear" I said shaking my head, "how do I know you're telling the truth Anna? You never tell me anything" he replied.

My eyes widened at him and my fists curled "Jughead, I have told you things I've never told anyone. The things that happened with Chuck and what he told everyone-"

"You only told me about what happened between you and Chuck because Marcus pressured you into it, and I only knew about the whole suicide incident because of Chuck!" He snapped cutting me off, I took a deep breath trying to control my anger "I came here to try and persuade you to forgive your friends, and that we will handle the situation with your dad, together. I didn't come here to listen to you snap at me about something I didn't even know about, so it's either you come back to Riverdale with me or you go your own way, because I'm not stopping you"

His chest heaved, his sharp eyes seemed to be burning holes into me but the look he had didn't stop him before stepping forward his chest close to mine. His hand reached up and cupped my cheek, he felt cold and stiff even as his bottom lip trembled. His head dropped and those built up tears finally fell onto his cold cheeks, I pulled him close my fingers running through the curls on his neck as his salty tears dripped onto my jacket, his sobs shaking our bodies. I whispered soothing words my voice soft and gentle, I kissed his neck while his arms gripped me for dear life.