Prologue

A six year old Minjee ran excitedly down the stairs. Today was her birthday and her parents and older brother were going to go buy a present for her.

"Happy birthday Mimi!!" Said Byungchan. Byungchan was my kind, caring brother, except he hated that named and preferred to be called Chris. He was the best. He was always there for me and was basically my second mom. He was an amazing singer and would sing me to bed sometimes, he could also rap and dance pretty well too. He was always hardworking.

"Thanks Byungchan oppa!" I giggled and ran out the door to the car, but was sadly grabbed.

"I told you to stop calling me that~" I was put into a headlock by Byungie oppa while my hair was becoming a bird's nest.

My parents laughed followed out. I was released so I ran and got into the back seat with my brother and my dad drove.

My brother and I were playing a game when my father asked, "Honey? Where should we go to buy your present?"

"Let's go to... ummm... Oppa! Where do we go?" I asked.. I genuinely did not know. I was never really a needy person. All I needed was cake but my brother insisted we go out.

My thoughts scattered when my brother replied, "Hmm.. How about the book store? You said you wanted the book that came with the little dollie."

See, I tell you my brother is the best.

Out of excitement, I yelled out, "Ya! Let's go there daddy!"

My dad chuckled and replied, "Of course honey, it is your birthday."

My mom looked back and smiled. She was never one to really talk, but I still loved her.

I busied myself by playing rock-paper-scissors with Byungie Oppa when we stopped at a stoplight. The hot, Australian sun beat down through the windows. I whined from the glare and hid my face in my brothers chest. He chuckled and gently patted my head.

The light turned green and the car moved forward.

My father looked back to see what was happening... which made him not see the truck that was speeding our way.      

When my dad looked forward, it was too late.

Byungie Oppa threw himself over me in attempt to shield me.

The truck rammed full-force into the front of our car.

I later found out that the impact killed my parents on the spot.

I vaguely remember the sirens of the ambulance and firetruck. I also remember flashing lights and people screaming. I also remember the frantic yelling of my bestfriend, Yongbok, seeing me in my current state at the emergency room. I rememeber the aguish I felt when I was told that Byungie Oppa died because they couldn't find his body, but the rest was a blur... and that's when my life was turned upside down..