I'm Losing the Fight

We sit in silence for who knows how long. It was a comfortable silence. It almost felt right. But I knew it wasn't. It couldn't be.

As I try to think of something to say, I feel Luc's nose nuzzle my neck. I froze. What is he- he inhales deeply, sending shivers down my body and bringing heat straight to my core. I can feel the smile on his face. I take a deep breath of my own to try and clear my thoughts, but my body betrays me with a moan as his hands glide up my arms. What am I going to do?

********

The minute I begin to slide my hands up her arms, she releases the cutest little moan.

I take this as my sign and slowly dip my head back to her neck and place small kisses from the base of her neck up to her jaw line. Her eyes close as she turns her face into mine and our lips meet. To say I saw fireworks would be a sore comparison to what happened. What was meant to be simple and sweet turned fiery in the span of a heartbeat.

I lick her bottom lip asking for entrance, only to be denied. Little does she realize, I get what I want.

I reach around and firmly grasp her thigh. She gasps, allowing me the chance to slide my tongue in and explore. I thought for sure she would knock me silly, but to my suprise, she kisses me back just as passionately.

Taking the opportunity, I flip us around so she is laying on the blanket And I am above her, nestled between her legs.

Caught up in the firestorm, I let my hand roam. I glide it down her body slowly, squeezing her hip as I go. As my hand reaches her inner thigh I hear a breathy moan escape her lips.

I slowly slide my hand up, until I feel her stiffen beneath me.

Lifting my head I look into her eyes.

Oh no.

She looks like the proverbial deer in the headlights. She starts frantically scrambling away from me tugging at her dress.

For a second I expect her to bolt. But after a few moments she starts to blush and looks away. I reach over grabbing her chin to guide her back to face me.

"Never hide from me. You never have to be embarassed about how you feel with me sweetheart".

"But I shouldn't feel like this. I shouldn't want you", she whispers.

"But you do. And it scares you. I understand. Im scared as well. Scared you will leave and never look back. That I'll never be good enough for you. I couldn't handle it."

Not sure why she does it, she crawls next to me, pulling my head into her neck holding me. Whether out of pity, sympathy, or more I don't know. No matter the reason, Ill take what she offers. Anything to feel the connection.

Maybe I can win her heart after all.