Chapter 1......

It all seems like a dream, getting ripped away from his parents, his school, and his friends. Moving across the country just because of a letter from his father's old friend was pointless. Mark's entire world was being replace, but that wasn't enough to wipe the positivity out him. Mark was always the one to pick everyone up when everything seemed messed up.

Today was the first day he was starting his new school, needless to say, he was rather nervous but also excited. He looked around as he stepped out of his car, taking in the size of the school. It was pretty small compared to his last school but that's okay. Mark made his way up to the cement steps and peeked in before opening the glass doors. He walled through the hallways. If you know anything about being the new kid, you know its not easy to fit in. But it was different with Mark, he seemed to fit in right when he walked through the doorway. As he went to the office to get his schedule, he noticed it might be easier to make friends because he had already introduced himself to a few kids. Even though they were mostly girls and they were practically throwing themselves on him, Mark was clueless he didn't exactly swing that way.

Entering the office, Mark was handed a schedule and was told to wait for someone to show him around the school. Soon, a shorter girl with violet hair that swayed past her shoulders walked in the office well, more like bounced. The girl was practically radiated was joy and Mark couldn't help but smile. Mark stood up from the chair he was sitting in as the older lady behind the desk spoke. "Ayla, would you please show our new student around the school?". She asked the younger girl politely. "Of course" she replied, "let me just get out of stupid English class" she said before leading Mark out of the office. "Newbie eh?, so whats your name tall, dark, and somewhat attractive?" the girl ,Alya asked. "somewhat? Ouch!, i'm not sure if i'll like it here" Mark teased with a laugh. Nice to meet you Mark, said Ayla. She had a skip in her step like she was incapable of being happy. And Mark liked that.

After about 20 minutes of mindlessly walking around the school, they found themselves were the lockers were lined up on the walls. Mark found his locker with relative ease and stuffed his backpack inside it. "I already forgot were my first class is he called out to Ayla, somewhat embarrassed. Ayla laughed softly, but before she had a chance to answer, someone ran up to her and tried to hide in the female's shoulder. Clinging to her as if everything was ending. All Mark could see was the person's light patch of green hair.