"Yeah, I promise."

Jonathan glanced up at Laurel in thanks before getting up to leave, "All right, I'll go make breakfast."

As Jonathan left the room, Laurel gave a warm smile to her mother before leaving as well.

_____

"I think I failed it, Jonathan!" Laurel exclaimed while feverishly walking down the hall towards her locker.

"Slow down Laurel, don't get so worked up," Jonathan said while catching up to her and grabbing onto her arm, stopping her from her frantic running. Laurel took a deep breath, eyes locked onto the tiled flooring. "You've already got enough on your plate with Will and everything. Mr. Jackson will understand what's going on and he probably won't get mad at you."

"I know, I know..." Laurel eventually calmed down and continued her way down the long, crowded hall, wiping her sweaty palms on her denim overalls.

"I'll meet you at the car, I'm just gonna develop some photos," Laurel said as she unlocked her locker, putting back her textbooks from previous periods and grabbing her camera.

Jonathan took one worried look at her before sighing in agreement. "Alright, see you then" Jonathan headed down the hall and out the front door.

With the camera in hand, Laurel made her way to the dark room, one of her and Jonathan's most favourite places in the school. They were lucky enough to have such a place, seeing as it's what helped to spark Jonathan's love for photography, and Laurel following suit.

Almost all the photos were done, just a few more. There were a few in the forest at dusk, some shots from behind Jonathan, but then the ones at the party. As she stood there, watching the photos develop in the water, she wondered what to do; what to do with the photos. Of course, she didn't want to keep them, they were creepy photos of her crush kissing her boyfriend.

With a deep sigh, she began to hang up the photos inside of the home, until her stomach flipped at the photo sitting in the water. It was a photo of Nancy undressing. Laurel couldn't even remember taking that photo, but there it was. She quickly hung it up, trying to get all the photos done, still undecided on what to do with them. Another kissing photo. And then another. Laurel had no idea that she took so many.

Footsteps sounded behind her, making Laurel spin her head behind in fear. It was just some girl, but the photos hung up were clear in her eyesight.

"Hey," she greeted, making her way to a station.

"Oh, hi," Laurel managed to muster, ripping the photos off the clips. She didn't care if they weren't developed properly, she just wanted to get out of there.

Laurel could've sworn the girl noticed the photos, but she couldn't let her worries get to her. Not again.

_____

Laurel swung her backpack over her shoulder with both camera and photos in hand, rushing towards the parking lot. She could see Jonathan's car in the distance, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Hey there," a voice suddenly said, Laurel glancing to her left to see none other than Steve Harrington, some other couple, and one other girl.

The girl from the dark room.

Laurel's heart began beating fast, her chest tightening in fear. She didn't see. She didn't see. Maybe Steve just wanted to talk about Will.

"H-hey," Laurel greeted back, trying to act natural.

Steve pushed himself off his expensive car, walking towards Laurel. "Nicole here was telling us about your work."

There it was. The words that made Laurel's stomach twist. She wanted to push herself into a corner and stay there. She wanted to just disappear in that moment. Laurel's throat closed up in fear, not knowing what to say.