Chapter 19: Evolution of Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"I just wanted to say sorry for being a little harsh that day. I was scared over how Jungkook was treated...I've done a lot of thinking and am willing to try and understand you now." Namjoon pursed his lips once he finished.

You smiled so wide.

Namjoon looked at the book that was floating. He waited for some sort of sign. You shook the book.

"Hyung? You alright?" A person was in the dorm.

You recognized the voice and so did Namjoon as he smiled and answered back. "Just in Jimin's room!" He called out, "Took your advice and have come to face her..." Namjoon looked back at the air, "well sorta."

You laughed. Standing up, you walked with the book so Namjoon would know where you were and wouldn't panic. You slowly neared him as the second voice walked into the hall and towards the bedroom.

Taehyung peeked his head in, smiling wide when seeing the floating book. He stood beside Namjoon who attended to his phone that rang.

"Open and close the book if you accept my apology." You opened and closed it. Namjoon smiles huge before putting the phone to his ear.

"Dying Namjoon speaking," he popped out, coughing a little. He really was sick.

"Ah, hello Jimin, How is recording going?"

Taehyung looked at the book. Again, his eyes looked and assumed where your eyes were. He made it seem as if you were alive as he talked to you. "What you reading?"

You opened the book and had him read the first page by moving over to him instead of the other way around. You didn't want to awkwardly bump into him so you kept distance. His head was close to your shoulder and ear as he read behind you.

He laughed. "Paranormal books? That's typical...is it even helping?"

You didn't know how to answer to him. He laughed again and went, "tap my arm twice for no, once for yes." You smiled, tapping his arm twice with your finger.

"Could you get me soup when you eat home with the others? I'd—" Jimin shushed the rambling man. Namjoon was confused. He tried to speak again but Jimin shushed him a second time.

"If you didn't want to listen to me why did you call?"

"I'm eavesdropping. Is that laughter Taehyung?" Jimin's voice sounded like Batman brooding while trying to solve a crime.

Namjoon's eyes narrowed. He glanced at Taehyung laughing and the book flipping pages slowly. You were pointing out hilarious passages in the book that had been making you laugh earlier.

"He's with Y/N."

Jimin was dramatic. His voice above a whisper. "That is what I suspected."

"Why are you talking like that?" Namjoon asked with a smile.

"I must to remain calm and not panic."

Namjoon snorted. "Jimin if you don't stop and just get me my soup."

"Soup will be arriving shortly," Jimin breathily demanded. "I will make sure of it."

"Dude," Namjoon scoffed out, trying not to laugh at Jimin's weird behaviour. "Finish the recording first and then come here with soup."

"I have exited the building."

"Jimin!"

"Will arrive fast and efficiently, thanks for the report."

"Report?" Namjoon asked, confused. "Jimin you're making no sens—"

The phone cut.

Wednesday: