The Secret Code to Success

- I'm sorry, you want what? - Sarah said, confused.

- I want to watch what the surveillance cameras captured. - She laughed with a pretensious and intentional fake tone.

- No.

- You do know that I can just get a warrant and get them anyway, right? I can arrest you for obstruction to justice and bring your company down to ashes. How would that feel?

- Jeez, calm the fuck down. - She said, making me face her back while simultaneously whispering to herself "Dick." She went outside only to come back a minute or so later, saying: - They sent it to my computer.

- Can I see it? - I said, in a much more friendly tone.

- Come. - She said. Edward followed me but she quickly said, once we got to her house: - I don't want strangers in our house so, do you mind? - With a disrespectful look, he gazed into Sarah's eyes and went to the front lawn of the scene of the crime.

I was actually glad Edward didn't join us, since I didn't want him to know how much I knew. Sarah's house had the almost the same layout as ours, although her office was in the bottom floor. The walls were painted in a simple white, and it was obvious that Sarah liked to spend quite some time there: packs of gum and candy, a pillow with a blanket on the floor, a messy desk... you name it. Everything that may come to your mind regarding an unorganized office was there. She turned on her computer and tried to quickly tidy the place up.

- That's weird. - I said.

- What? - Her tone revealed impatience.

- There's no wi-fi. - She saw the computer screen, sighed heavily and then exited the room. I quickly got up and locked myself in, turning the wi-fi on on the computer.

- James, what are you doing? - She yelled. - I opened her e-mail and started watching what the surveillance cameras had recorded. As always, I took my notebook out to write important things down.

- I'm sorry, Sarah, but I can't let you see this. This is something for my eyes only.

- You shit... This is my house, that is my computer and those are my surveillance cameras.

- Do I look like I give a flying fuck? - I yelled back. I heard steps in the hallway and heard Tobias' voice:

- What the hell is going on here? - While all of that happened, I saw nothing on the surveillance cameras. You could only see the outside and the front lawn.

- James locked himself in here!

- Why the fuck is he in our house in the first place? - I heard him whisper.

- Don't worr Tobias. - I yelled. - I'm jus... - Edward had indeed been in that house earlier on: at 13:57 he walked in the house. And what Maggie said was true: John and Anne both got up at the same time and only came back after a while.

The camera placement explained how Andrew knew that we were in there as soon as we stepped in: he was watching the cameras from inside the shed, something that would also explain the blue light shining throughout the shed's walls.

- Just seeing somethings. - I continued.

I sped up the video and Edward left about 6 minutes later. He was wearing his uniform at the time, but now he just had a casual outift, meaning he had changed clothes. I watched the video until 4 p.m., hoping to see anything more, but there were no more people going in or out, except for Sarah, Guy and Victoria: these last two entered through the back. I was about to open the door when Tobias kicked it down.

- Damn, you'd almost hit me. - He grabbed me by my collar and held me against the wall.

- If you enter my house again, I'll have the Police lockinf you up in a cell where you won't see the light of day for a long time.