Chapter IX

Another update? HELL YASS!
BUT- before you guys read the chapter, I have a little surprise for you all! So don't miss out the authors note towards the end of the chapter!

Happy Reading!

Chapter IX

There are times in life when you experience such a wide range of emotions that you get confused as to what you're feeling.

I was experiencing that right now. Confusion, shock, uncertainty, irritation, incredulity and a mixture of ten other emotions swirled inside me as I watched people look at one another, either trying to find who the girl was or trying to find me, if they knew who I was.

My jaw was practically grazing the floor. However, the first question that popped into my mind was- how did he know my last name?

As confused as I was, I couldn't ignore the tiny feeling of giddiness that was wriggling through as I looked at Lindsay. Her plan had backfired and I couldn't be happier.

But keeping that aside, I really didn't want a kiss from Adrian. I was happy enough seeing Lindsay's enraged face. I didn't want her plotting my murder with her groupies next.

I looked over at Adrian, who stood there looking pleased with himself. If he thought that I was going to simply comply with this plan of his, he was so wrong.

I rolled my eyes and simply stepped back and sat down on the chair nearby, crossing my arms. No one from the audience could see me and those who could, I doubted more than a few knew that it was my name. And I was more than sure than Lindsay would never do anything that would make me do remotely anything within five feet from Adrian.

I hoped that my lack of presence on stage would prompt everyone to make him draw another slip. As much as I was against Lindsay succeeding with her plan, I realised that it didn't matter as much as it did a couple of minutes before. She knew I had the upper hand now and if I chose to not go on stage, it would mean that I was letting her succeed in doing whatever she had planned.

Not the other way around.

And this thought sent a wave of satisfaction, easing my mind. I particularly didn't care if Adrian kissed her or anyone for that matter. I didn't really feel anything for the guy aside from admiration towards his work.

He should've known better than to announce my name. If he thought I would comply this easily, he was in for a surprise.

I snorted at the thought and relaxed into my chair watching as his smirk slowly started fading. He looked confused and turned towards where I was sitting. Surprise crossed his features as he saw me sitting on the chair with crossed arms.

I raised an eyebrow in return, clearly indicating that I did hear him but I wasn't going to fall into his trap. He narrowed his eyes in return, his expressions told me that he was thinking hard.

He couldn't really drag me out to the stage and there wasn't anyone who was going to do that either. I watched as minutes flew by before Keith awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Since no one is coming up, let's draw out another name. Adrian, please do the honours," he spoke into the mic, making me grin with satisfaction. Adrian turned to look at Keith in surprise. He looked at the audience and the media people, probably realising that his late reaction might stir questions.

He seemed to have left with no choice as he grumbled something under his breath before hesitantly putting his hand back in the bowl and shuffling the slips inside as if doing that would change the one name that was in all of them.