Betrayal

One millennium later Ye Chen gathered enough force and challenged the calamity again. This time they won. Ye Chen was to be crowned as the new Heavenly Emperor.

The Day before

Ye Chen who had won against the calamity and had finally re-established the heavens was drinking in the Snow Mist Pavilion with his sworn brothers Huang Xian, Lin Tiang and a few of his close friends. It was the day before his crowning ceremony and marriage to Gu Xue, his lover who he had met in his travels.

"Hehe... Brother Ye you finally achieved your dream. Now you will be the most powerful person in the world and with such a beautiful wife too."

"Don't forget us brothers after you have become the Heavenly Emperor."

"Don't worry no matter what you will not be forgotten. Don't forget you are my sworn brother. If anything happens just come to me. I will always help you.", said Ye Chen with a smile on his cheerful face.

They laughed and drunk wine. After sometime Ye Chen bid his brothers goodbye and left the Snow Mist Pavilion.

On his way he saw a beautiful lady wearing peach colored robe standing in the middle of the garden. He walked towards her and called out lovingly "Xue'er... Why are you standing here alone?"

The lady turned towards him with a bewitching smile. She had a oval shaped face with a tear shaped mole beside her lips. She had a clean white face with phoenix shaped eyes. Her eyes were like two black pearls which gazed at Ye Chen with a gentle look.

"Oh. I was just admiring the scenery."

"Hehe.... We can finally be together forever tomorrow."Ye Chen suddenly said with a smile in his lips and a longing look in his eyes.

"Yes, forever. I am happy" Gu Xue said.

They chatted for sometime and soon they separated.

It was during the night when Ye Chen was in his room sleeping that a shadow crept into his room. It went near his bed and held up a dagger. It was then that he woke up. Seeing the  masked assassin he jumped and dodged the dagger. He then punched the assassin who dodged. the assassin then bought his hand to his mouth and whistled. Five more masked figures arrived and a chaotic battle erupted. Hearing the noise Huang Xian, Lin Tiang and Gu Xue arrived.

Seeing his situation where he was being overpowered they hurriedly joined the fight while Gu Xue went near him and held him. By the time he looked up the assassins fled. Holding her hand he said "It's alright. I am fine."

She smiled at him gently and suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his back. He turned and saw a dagger in his back held by her hand. She smiled at him again, but the smile somehow looked ruthless and his heart was cooled down as if a bucket of cold water was poured on him. He tried to move his Qi to heal himself but however he was unable to do so. He looked at his sworn brothers for help and saw them looking  at him indifferently and it was then that he understood.

"Why? Why did you do it? Why did you poison me?"

"Why? Why? I will tell you why." she said with a voice filled in anger and disdain. "Do you really think that I was in love with you? Do you know how much I had to endure? I didn't even like you. But you still pestered me again and again. Thanks to you I had to leave my family behind. I would have to thank you however for making Brother Huang your sworn brother now no one would doubt him when they ask how you died."

"I did not tell you to leave them. It was you who told me that you will follow me."

She didn't reply just stared at him indifferently as if looking at a dead person. Ye Chen look at her and then at Huang Xian and Lin Tiang and said,

"Brother Xian, Brother Lin why did you betray me? Did our brotherhood mean nothing to you?"

''Brother Ye don't be sad. Your sacrifice will not be in vain. From tomorrow I will look after everything. After all someone will have to look after everything on your behalf. Don't worry I will also take care of Xue'er in the future. " said Huang Xian with an ambitious look in his eyes. He then pulled Xue'er by her waist towards himself. Xue'er did nothing to resist him. Ye Chen understood everything very clearly.

"The best thing you can do now is die."Said Lin Tiang.

Ye Chen could not believe his ears. The brothers who had sworn to be by his side in life and death had betrayed him. The woman he had loved gave him a green hat. He felt warm tears  rolling down his cheeks and suddenly he laughed. The sound of laughter echoed with despair and madness. It made a chill ran down anyone's spine when they heard it.

"Heavens is this a test? Ha ha ha..... You betrayed me today. Don't forget I will have my revenge. I will make your lives miserable and when the time comes you will beg me for death. Ha ha ha...White eyed fools! Ungrateful beasts! Ha ha ha you will wish for death when I am done with you!"

It sounded like a mad man's delusional nonsense but it also brought with it a sense of chaos in the minds of the three people who heard it.

"Enough!" Huang Xian roared "Just kill him. He has gone mad anyways."

Lin Tiang came forward with a sword drawn and swiftly a blade light shone. Ye Chen head separated from his body and rolled down.

The Heavens saw everything and thunder sounded in the clear night sky. That night Ye Chen was betrayed and killed.

...................................................................................................................................

AN: Hey everyone thank you for reading this story. I hope you will tell me about any faults you find in it. I am not a big fan of writing, but some ideas just can't stay unwritten. So here we are.