Chapter 2

*NOT EDITED YET*

‘Earning money? Kids? Ughhhhhh’ Robin groaned. I smirked. Robin hated kids, but i've seen her with Tany’s little brother. She’s actually quite good with children.

‘Don’t tell me that we’re gonna sell little kids to shops? OMG Marsha! What is wrong with you?’ Rose gasped and exclaimed. I shot her a look and shook my head. Rose could be rather dense at times. I sighed loudly, trying to keep my patience.

‘No Rose, we’re not gonna sell kids.’ I said in the duh tone. I re-positioned myself such that i'm lying on my stomach, getting a little more comfortable. The rest were just staring at me, waiting for my explanation.

I take a deep breath and start explaining.

‘My idea is that we open up a babysitting business where we can take care of kids after school hours. For example, if their parents wants to dine out or something, they can then call us for our services. We could charge them $3 per hour or per night?’ I asked, stating my opinion.

‘Hmmmm, that’s a rather interesting idea! Maybe we should reconsider it? I could have some spare cash for my art supplies. Not that I like kids.’ Robin pointed out. I scoffed at her last statement.

‘Yeah, I could use some extra cash for my video games.’ Tany added, nodding her head in approval.

I look at Zoe and Rose, raising my eyebrow. They look at each other and smiled, agreeing with us.

‘YES!’ I squeaked. Excited, I jumped up and ran to Zoe’s desk to get some paper, intending to start some work today. But before I could reach her desk, Tany pulled my arm, causing me stumble backwards.

‘Not right now missy. Its time for some HORROR MOVIE!’ Tany exclaimed, before dragging me down to Zoe’s living room, the others following suit, each carrying their sleeping bags down. The living room is a big hall where we sleep in whenever we sleep at Zoe’s house. There is a large Plasma TV attached to the wall. Karen (Zoe’s mom), has put some food, mainly popcorns, chips and sodas, on the dining table.

This week is Tany’s turn to pick the movie, and she LOVES horror movie. Did I mention that I wasn’t a fan of ghosts/serial killers/gore? I groaned, its gonna be long night, filled with screaming and shrieking, mainly from me, of course.

*

I was right; I screamed and shrieked the most. Karen even came down and asked to me to shut up, a little more politely than the girls.

Time check : 12.30 pm

We are all now gathered back in Zoe’s room. All of us are all fresh awake, except for Rose. She is sleeping on Zoe’s bed. I cant believe her, after 6 hours of sleep and a heavy brunch, she can still fall back to sleep. She could be such a pig sometimes.I shake my head, looking at her tossing and turning on Zoe’s bed.

‘Hey guys, wanna discuss about the babysitting service thing?’ Tany suggested, raising up her hand. Sometimes I wonder about my friends. Hmmmmm.

‘Sure, we have nothing to do anyways, right guys?’ Robin agreed, receiving nods from everyone else as an answer.

‘But what about her? She’s like some sleeping beauty. Haisssss. Lets give her a wake up call!’ Zoe gesture us to follow her.

‘On the count of 3, im gonna push her off my bed ok? 1! 2! 3!’ On the count of 3, all of us push her off Zoe’s bed. OOPH!

"HELP! I'M SORRY MOM I SHOULDN'T HAVE GONE SWIMMING ALONE! MOM!!! MOM PLEA-"

We are on the floor, laughing our butts off from her reaction by the time she got up and realize that she was not gonna die. The whole situation was so funny that when we stopped laughing, we crack up again, even Rose. Rose’s hair was sticking out all over the place, making her look as if she fall off some tree and landed in a bush.

‘Ok guys, we.need.to.chill.and.start.discussing.’ Robin shouted in between laughters. All of us stop laughing and look at her. Within the next minute, we all start laughing again. We laughed for a good whole 15 minutes before all of us become sane enough to talk properly.

‘We shall now resume our ‘talk’ on our business, now that Rose is here to kindly join us.’ I said, air quoting the word talk.

After a thorough discussion, we have decided to promote our business through the web, flyers and posters. Since the whole neighborhood practically knows us, it is easier for us to reach and convey our message to our neighbors, schoolmates and even teachers.

We have also appointed roles to ourselves. I have been appointed as the president as I was the one who came up with the idea. Zoe is the vice president as she gave me the idea of having this whole idea. Robin is the secretary, as she is neat and very organized. Tany is the treasurer, as she is the best in math among us. Rose is game maker, as she is creative in every way.

We have also decided that my room is the suitable place as our headquarter. Not only does my room have a phone, which is going to be used as out official calling site, but my room's also rather spacious and I live only live my brother, who will have no problem with the girls coming over so often.

Oh, and we are called ‘The Baby-sitters Club’.

Rose came up with the name. Oh wells.

*********************************************************************

Authors note:

Jeng Jeng Jeng. Hahaha thank you for reading :D

Teaser: do I see a hot guy in the next chapter?

STAY TUNE!!!