Prologue

I could feel myself dying.

It was a weird sensation, like I'd been shoved arm's length from my own body and was seeping away, astral projecting into nothingness as my cells screamed. I was eroding like beach sand during a hurricane, and all I could do was watch.

No.

My foot weighed as much as the earth itself, but I forced myself to move. Atlas held the whole world on his shoulders; I wasn't a Greek demigod, but right now I was close enough. I could at least walk across the planet's face a little further.

The maelstrom screamed its fury at me for daring defy it, but I couldn't stay away, huddled in a root cellar like everyone else in this claustrophobic town. Ice and fire pumped through my veins, scorching my body into nothingness as they warred with each other, but I kept going. I had to – even if nothing was left of me but ashes by the end of my journey.

She was there at the heart of the storm. Her scream was the wind and it tore at me, begging me to turn back. She knew what would happen to me, just as I did.

I gritted my teeth, and took another step.

🌩️

Thanks for reading!!

Don't forget to follow me on YouTube to catch me writing 
STORM BOI for NaNoWriMo! New chapters daily :)

🌩️