Home

Erin and Jay arrived back from the hospital. Erin was finally allowed home. She got out of the car and went to take her son out of the front, but Jay was already there.

They got inside and Erin groaned internally at the thought of having to set up the baby's room as all she wanted to do was sleep in her own bed. When she got to the room though, everything was set up, the cot, rocking chair, everything. Jay came up behind her, "do you like it?" "It's gorgeous," she sighed. "You go ahead and go take a nap in your own bed, I'll take care of little Evan," Jay said firmly as he steered Erin away from the baby's room. "Okay but wake me soon, I don't want to sleep for that long," she replied. "Babe, I'm sure your going to need all the sleep you can get," he chuckled. Erin got into the bedroom but turned back, "I'm glad we finally agreed on Evan, it's such a cute name." "Me too, now go lie down," Jay said as he closed the door.

He brought Evan into his room and put him in the cradle. Evan had been silent the entire time and Jay realised, with a sigh of relief, that he was sleeping, his little chest rising and falling steadily. Jay tiptoed out of the room, being careful not to wake the baby.

He ended up on the couch in the sitting room. He sat in silence processing everything that had happened in the past few weeks and sighed in contentment. He had an amazing girlfriend and now an adorable son, could his life get any better?

Thanks for reading :)
•Rebecca•