Page 19

Houston, Texas
October 17, 2013
Friday
Windell High School
Beyonce Pov

I was sitting down with the audience, observing Robyn's moves out on the court. Watching number 19 pass the ball to Robyn, who was half way down the court. Catching the ball she stop completely behind the three pointer line making the enemy fall backwards.

She's laugh cockily, shaking her head. She goes into her jump shot making the award winning sound and the score go up causing the audience roar out in excitement.

I smiled biting my lip, watching her jog down to the other side of the court, glancing back every now and then watching her enemies moves.

"She's good, Bey." Nicki complimented stuffing some cotton candy in her mouth that she brought from the store before she came here. I giggled at her comment.

"She is." I responded dreamily than I expected to.

"Yeah, she is." Nicki mock my tone. I face her, glaring as she busted out laughing. "I'm just teasing, Bey. Relax baby." She said said in a playful manner. "But you betta chill with looking at her like that, talking all dreamy like. She gon' think you like her." If only she knew. "Just saying." She stuff more cotton candy in her mouth staring off onto the court, focusing on the game.

I huff a silent breathe before going back to observe Robyn and only her. I feel like Nicki already know, I mean she's not dumb. Or maybe I'm just paranoid because I am catching feelings.

Faster than I thought.

Two weeks ago I thought the men of my dreams was Shawn. It was always him.

Now all I see is Robyn kissing me and touching me and...

Other things I'd rather not mention.

But it's funny how you don't feel for a person like that until a kiss tells you other wise. Funny how feelings work.

Hearts.

I feel like I am at war here. My feelings for Shawn are real, I know that. My feelings with Robyn is...desirable.

But that all I see. Desirable feelings. Nothing more. It's probably just a sexual attraction for her.

Well that sexual attraction is about to ruin my relationship with Shawn. If he finds out which I hope he doesn't.

I sigh deeply, smiling in disappointment with my head hanging down. I can't believe I actual thought I had real feelings for her. Deep feelings. I don't connect with her like that...like I do with Shawn.

I stood up.

"Whe–where are you going, Bey?" Nicki ask curiously glancing at me and the game before going back to focusing on the game. "Damn, she thought." She snickered covering her pretty smile. I hate when she does that.

I remove her hand catching her attention.

"I'm going outside real quick. I need some air." I explained.

"Yeah, it's too many black people in here. Take your time." She says as I laugh, saying 'excuse me's' trying to get by. I went down the steps hearing the crowd go wild again.

I felt eyes on me so I instantly found them, looking from the court. It was Robyn's intoxicating hazel eyes. We had a stare off for a few seconds until they announce the winner of the basketball game.

Breaking the heated eye contact, I finished making my way down the bleachers stairs. Heading towards the gym entrance. My instinct told me to look back.

And I did.

Her hazel eyes was still watching my every move like it was a movie. I can tell she wanted to follow me but she had to talk with the coach before leaving. Besides, no showing any signs about us seeing eachother on the low. We can't have that.