Soul of the Sea

Prolouge:

The small town of Madison, Indiana doesn't have much potential for adventure. It has it's share of antique shops, a renovated drugstore from the 70's and a couple coffee shops, and a stunning view of the Ohio River, but not much adventure. That was about to change, if only for me and a few people.........

Chapter 1: About Me

There are three options for people in Madison on hot summer days: Eating ice cream at Roger's Corner, pointing every fan you can find at yourself, and three applied only to me. You were living in the bottom of a pool.

That's right. Call me semi-aquatic, weird, or a freak of nature. But the correct term is mermaid. Apparently, I was born with the ability to transform when I submerged into water. It's strange, I'll admit. But I think it's kind of cool.

So there I am, a thirteen year old mermaid sitting in the bottom of a pool, thinking about my mom. She had gone missing when I was two. And as the story goes, she just suddenly disappeared. The whole state was looking for her, but then CNN picked up on the story (it must have been a slow news day) and soon the world was loooking for a tall, pale women with hair as red as a fiery sunset, and sea green eyes.

I had a hunch that she was proably a mermaid too. And this summer I was going to find her. Little did I know that I was gonig to find a lot more then that.